Page 152 of 625 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 6250

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 152

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have not be weighing everyday. Maybe a couple times a week, which I find as progress for me. I have to remind myself though that its not about the number, its about health.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    While I know it is about the health and not the number, mentally I also know that I can't get to good health at this number. The best I can do is the best health I can do at this weight. So, for now, the number has meaning. But literally, a daily weigh in jumbles the number in my brain and I cannot remember yesterday's number, usually not even today's. I do record it for posterity though.

p.s. who the heck is posterity anyway?
    Last edited by demuralist; 05-16-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

OMG, just bag it. First binge in a very long time...combo of starting something new tomorrow, not losing weight, not getting enough sleep. ARGH, feel like crap.

thank God, tomorrow is another NEW day.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes. You will be fine. Well done analyzing why it happened.

Thanks. Now, prevent it in the future!

So here is something very cool. Yesterday we, dh and I, were chatting with a friend and starting talking about our parents, theirs and ours. My hubby's parents were German, very German, American, but very German in personality. Straight, reserved, even keel. My parents were/are the party people. My dad has, on more than one occasion, taken up a collection at a reception to pay the band to keep playing so the party won't end! Anyway, then we got to wondering what our kids would say about us. What brand of parents are we?

Couldn't stand the wondering, so I asked my kids today.

Oh, you are the fun party one always welcome everyone into our home with a warm smile and lots of great food, dad is the straight reserved one asking deep questions that stun people into silence. My daughter said I would be the one organizing craft fairs, gardening around the home, painting, knitting, and setting up wheel chair races-even if I am not in one, and her dad will be sleeping in a lazy boy with the tv blaring some stupid news show.

It is fantastic to know they don't see me as lazy, one of these days I will let go of that vision of myself.
    Chris
    Unknown

259.2, even after the binge I am down 2/10ths, go figure.

Today is another day. This morning, I am having my coffee, with a T (weighed) of HWC. Then after the treadmill, I will do a light version of BPC (1 tablespoon each of HWC, coconut oil, kerrygold) with a splash of stevia. We will see if this helps energy levels as well as weight loss. Kinda excited. I know it is not a true IF, but I'll get there.
    Chris
    Unknown

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    That's so cool, to have the courage to ask your kids how they see you (!), and the great answer.

courage? Mostly I was scared that I had let them down and they would have no response, a sort of shoulder shrug. I figured I still have a year or so I could make up for anything I missed doing.

I watch Mama Mia (repeatedly-LOVE it) while I do the treadmill. And there is one song about the things she had planned and they didn't get to. It tears me up every time, truly bothered lately about the things I let get by, things I can't be or do, etc. Feels a bit like a mid life crisis, so it was very helpful to hear their responses!
    Chris
    Unknown

So the third night in a row with crappy sleep. I feel oddly awake right now, but know that when I am tired I gravitate to the kitchen, gotta get out of the house this afternoon.

So this morning I had my usual cup of coffee with a tablespoon of HWC (I weigh it), then the treadmill for 30 minutes. And now I am drinking a version of BPC...16oz strong coffee, 1T kerrygold, 1T coconut oil, 1T HWC, and a splash of stevia. This gives me 333 calories, 1 carb, 36g of fat (about half of the days fat), 2g of protein, and no sugars. BUT it also gives me no fiber and no fruits or veggies yet. So I gotta make it up later somehow.

I just saw a study that says drinking a lot of coffee is actually good for you, of course it was probably funded by Starbucks, but hey, it works for me!

I am wondering if I would feel better if I did a smoothie for lunch (which is usually around 1pm) and didn't sit at the computer. If I would feel less lethargic at 2pm? I think I will give it a try this afternoon-see if I keep moving I will not realize how tired I am?
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay coffee! I think moving the smoothie to lunch is a great idea. I sometimes add my protein drink to dinner if I don't make the protein goals.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67