Page 151 of 608 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6078

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 151

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    thanks. Unfortunately church members know and remember my cake bites and my lemon lavender cake/icing so they are specifically requested. And this is an important cause for my kids as they have sponsored a physically disabled child there and her community is the one that suffered. So one day of tasting is a small price to pay to let them see how proud I am of what they are doing and that I support them in this in any way I can. Luckily it is only once a year. Now if I could just limit myself to this once a year donation, that would be good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh the lemon lavender cake sounds divine....
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    That is cool. Luckily, I'm not near as talented as you are!!!
    -- Ruth

The cake looked way more impressive than the time it took to decorate it. always a nice attribute in a design! It was just swirls of icing that looked kind of like abstract roses, that covered the whole cake. I made the layers smaller (8" instead of the typical home pan size of 9") so it left enough batter for 3 layers and therefore was a bit taller than others that were there. Plus, it looked really cute. they are asking $50 for it, so it was totally worth the time and effort, if they get that much. the boxes of cake bites will end up bringing in $120 total. Again, worth the effort.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

ok, I am with Paula, I have been making decisions that are just not conducive to good health or to fat loss. Time to get serious.

I have been doing very well with my new habit of taking supplements and meds every day the way I am supposed to. Time to add another habit.

So here are my choices again....

Fat Loss Habit 1. Exercise for 30 minutes
    Fat Loss Habit 2. Take fish oil and a multivitamin daily
    Fat Loss Habit 3. Drink at least 8 cups of fluid
    Fat Loss Habit 4. Eat at least 4 one-cup servings of vegetables
    Fat Loss Habit 5. Sleep at least 8 hours (including naps and night-time sleep)
    Fat Loss Habit 6. During each meal, stop eating when 80% full
    Fat Loss Habit 7. Twice during the work day, get up and do 5 minutes of muscle stretching
    Fat Loss Habit 8. (Eat 4 – 5 meals) Total "sugar" daily less than 25g
    Fat Loss Habit 9. Eat lean protein with each meal
    Fat Loss Habit 10. Replace grains with greens during each meal

The first thing I have to do is to make sure I am actually doing the ones I already give myself credit for....So....

#1. Treadmill every single day! 10,000 daily steps as a goal here. Eventually I plan to add in strength here. I am looking at Limited Time Get the BodyBurst Workout Book Free! | The IF Life with 2 Meal Mike I should be able to manage 10 to 15 minutes 2 or 3 times a week.
    #2. This is the one I just added and I am doing well.
    #3. Even on my worst days I cover this easily.
    #4. Again, even on my worst days I do at least this much.
    #5. This is another one I give myself credit for and don't do as often as I thought (thanks fitbit!) working on it.
    #6. Not ready for this one yet
    #7. Not ready for this one yet
    #8. I know for me the more times I eat the more food I eat, so I am changing this one to less than 25g of sugar daily from all sources. I think this will have a more positive impact on my health as well as my weight.
    #9. I do this one without fail
    #10. replace grains with greens at each meal-done.

So the recap, working on cementing in #'s 1, 2, 3,4,5, 9, & 10 and the new one I am adding is my version of #8. Cause the sugar is killing me! So here I go.....
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I like that list and am doing a lot of it already. #8 Does that mean you are only having 25g of carb? It's fine if it does, just clarifying.

Nope. My carbs are running about 75g. the 25g is just sugars. Not sure what the difference is in veggies and fruit, (ie. a small apple has 11 sugars and 15carbs, walnuts have 4 carbs but no sugars) but I know that it pretty much means little to no added sugars. I will still do my once a week cheat with all of its rules though.

Yep, I think it is generally a pretty good list too. I got it from Precision Nutrition
    Chris
    Unknown

Rats.

I have gone back to daily weighing for a variety of reasons not the least of which is that I get sloppy and gain weight when I don't. Of course I gain weight when I do too, but tend to be less sloppy with my eating.

So this past week I have done very well staying with my plan. But steadily gained the weight I had lost the first week of the month. Yesterday, well I wasn't on plan. I was not out of control, and everything was plated and I was seated-so we are talking conscious decisions, but I was way over in Calories (2,200 actual vs. 1,500 goal), Fat (149 actual vs. about 75 goal), and protein (134 actual vs. about 75 goal). My carbs were 81 (goal is actually 75 or at least under 100) but the Fiber was 24 so not too worried about that.

The result...lost 4/10ths of a pound!

I would give almost anything to be able to figure out what it would take to just lose 4/10ths of a pound every single day. I swear I would do it. But honestly, it is the ambiguity that makes it so damn frustrating.

Off to get on the treadmill.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Interesting, I never just looked at the sugars just the overall carbs.

Damn scale. I'm back to daily weighing as well. I hope to go to weekly in June once I have worked this program for a few weeks.

I actually feel less attached to a number when I do it everyday, almost like I get numb to it.

the thing about the sugars...I saw an article (Dr. Lustig I think) that essentially said that sugar is toxic, and since I had an aunt with diabetes, and I had gestational diabetes, I figured I better pay attention. He thinks that up to 35g of sugar for men, and up to 25g for women is the about the threshold for where issues begin. I had 37g yesterday, but then again, I definitely had some sweets too, so that is not that bad.
    Chris
    Unknown