Page 15 of 652 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 15

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It is from Mark, here is a link to the youtube demo he does for the progression...mark sisson progression - YouTube
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Well, truthfully I cannot figure out why this is working. It doesn't really seem that drastically different that what I was doing before. I am increasing my protein, because even though they call it a moderate protein you are to multiply .68 by your bodyweight in pounds. That is 180g of protein for me. I have not reached it yet but am getting closer. They also want you to go to websites and figure out how many calories your body 'uses' and then figure out how fast you want to lose weight and subtract the appropriate number of calories. So my range is 1,500 to 1,800 (I had been staying around 1,300 to1,500 before) but the first day I went over by about 50 to 1,850 and yesterday I was at 1,750. Their suggestion is that you try to balance your nutrient throughout the 3 meals (well 2 to 4 meals-I do 3).

But guess what, I lost weight again! Another 2.4 pounds.

I got up to 168g of protein yesterday and that is reasonably close especially since I had zero hunger pangs. They are net carb counters (carbs minus fiber) so I am getting about 35g of net carbs, but I feel so much better as my total carbs are running around 65g.

So my macro nutrient percentages yesterday were something like 48% fat, 14% carb, 38% protein (is that 100%?).

I have not started exercise, probably won't bother with the weight stuff until I get back from visiting my parents. But I will start walking while I am there since we will be on the beach!

I added 2T of cocoa powder to my morning mocha, it is apparently a very good source of iron-who knew- and a squirt of stevia. It is more chocolatey and super yummy now!

So yesterday's food:

B: 16oz. cold coffee, 2T heavy cream, 2 scoops of whey protein, 2T cocoa powder, dropper of stevia, 1C of 2% greek yogurt, 1/2C wild blueberries (I could not finish the yogurt/blueberries just too much food!
    L: 1C cabbage, 1can wild caught salmon, 1 small haas avocado, 1T chia seeds, 1T macadamia nut oil, 2T cider vinegar, cinnamon tea with 1/3C of coconut milk and stevia
    D: 8oz of ground beef (Laura's lean 92%), cooked with 1T dried parsley and 1T dried thyme (these are both high in iron as well-again who knew) and 1T of dried minced onion. The dried spices soak up the fat from the meat so there is no draining and no greasiness, add a dash of salt and pretty yummy. I ate 3C of romaine lettuce with 2T Cardini caesar salad dressing on the side. (I know this has soybean oil in it, but this stuff is crazy good and the only way I can get my son to eat salad which is only 1 of 3 of his vegetables!). I also has a cup of caffeine free herbal tea with 1/3C of coconut milk and stevia.

weight this morning 262.4
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Well, truthfully I cannot figure out why this is working. It doesn't really seem that drastically different that what I was doing before. I am increasing my protein, because even though they call it a moderate protein you are to multiply .68 by your bodyweight in pounds. That is 180g of protein for me. I have not reached it yet but am getting closer. They also want you to go to websites and figure out how many calories your body 'uses' and then figure out how fast you want to lose weight and subtract the appropriate number of calories. So my range is 1,500 to 1,800 (I had been staying around 1,300 to1,500 before) but the first day I went over by about 50 to 1,850 and yesterday I was at 1,750. Their suggestion is that you try to balance your nutrient throughout the 3 meals (well 2 to 4 meals-I do 3).

But guess what, I lost weight again! Another 2.4 pounds.

I got up to 168g of protein yesterday and that is reasonably close especially since I had zero hunger pangs. They are net carb counters (carbs minus fiber) so I am getting about 35g of net carbs, but I feel so much better as my total carbs are running around 65g.

So my macro nutrient percentages yesterday were something like 48% fat, 14% carb, 38% protein (is that 100%?).

I have not started exercise, probably won't bother with the weight stuff until I get back from visiting my parents. But I will start walking while I am there since we will be on the beach!

I added 2T of cocoa powder to my morning mocha, it is apparently a very good source of iron-who knew- and a squirt of stevia. It is more chocolatey and super yummy now!

So yesterday's food:

B: 16oz. cold coffee, 2T heavy cream, 2 scoops of whey protein, 2T cocoa powder, dropper of stevia, 1C of 2% greek yogurt, 1/2C wild blueberries (I could not finish the yogurt/blueberries just too much food!
    L: 1C cabbage, 1can wild caught salmon, 1 small haas avocado, 1T chia seeds, 1T macadamia nut oil, 2T cider vinegar, cinnamon tea with 1/3C of coconut milk and stevia
    D: 8oz of ground beef (Laura's lean 92%), cooked with 1T dried parsley and 1T dried thyme (these are both high in iron as well-again who knew) and 1T of dried minced onion. The dried spices soak up the fat from the meat so there is no draining and no greasiness, add a dash of salt and pretty yummy. I ate 3C of romaine lettuce with 2T Cardini caesar salad dressing on the side. (I know this has soybean oil in it, but this stuff is crazy good and the only way I can get my son to eat salad which is only 1 of 3 of his vegetables!). I also has a cup of caffeine free herbal tea with 1/3C of coconut milk and stevia.

weight this morning 262.4
    Chris.. oh my goodness.. I thought i would just calculate the amount of protein I should have a day by multiplying by .68 and I ask you.. how am I to eat 207g of protein a day??? Hooray on the loss, sounds like you found a great formula and am still checking it out.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

the author told me that if I was getting close and feeling satisfied not to stuff it myself. It is just a guideline. I got 168g yesterday, so I am getting closer. Not gonna stress about it because as I lose the weight, it will get recalculated down anyway.

So also, I went here...BMR Calculator and plugged in my numbers and then went on to get my BMR.

That gives you a general guideline on your daily calorie allowance, then subtract around 500 to lose about a pound a week.

Now I have done this in the past and it has not worked-the counting calories- and even that exact website. So it must be the combination of getting enough sleep, working the psychology of meditation and goal setting, (I have not really even done anything about the environment or the exercise yet), and the combo of calorie counting with the lower carb, 'moderate' protein, high fat macro nutrients. Because I am never even close to hungry, the foods are so satisfying, there is zero urge for me to cheat.

Hoping like hell it continues this way!
    Chris
    Unknown

the author told me that if I was getting close and feeling satisfied not to stuff it myself. It is just a guideline. I got 168g yesterday, so I am getting closer. Not gonna stress about it because as I lose the weight, it will get recalculated down anyway.

So also, I went here...BMR Calculator and plugged in my numbers and then went on to get my BMR.

That gives you a general guideline on your daily calorie allowance, then subtract around 500 to lose about a pound a week.

Now I have done this in the past and it has not worked-the counting calories- and even that exact website. So it must be the combination of getting enough sleep, working the psychology of meditation and goal setting, (I have not really even done anything about the environment or the exercise yet), and the combo of calorie counting with the lower carb, 'moderate' protein, high fat macro nutrients. Because I am never even close to hungry, the foods are so satisfying, there is zero urge for me to cheat.

Hoping like hell it continues this way!
    wow!! Awesome!! It will be interesting to watch your progress!! Waiting for payday, think I am going to get the book.
    Karin

I honestly think it is worth it to get the author input for questions. Just wish they had a forum as well.
    Chris
    Unknown

So yesterday I ate out twice, lunch and dinner. Didn't bother to track it on fitday, too much of a pain in the neck. That is a great way to track food if you know exactly what you ate (ie. made it yourself) but a waste of time really if you don't. I will post it here though.

I have a mamogram this morning before work, fun. I am still on my period but it looks like it is coming to a close, hope it doesn't come back while I am on my trip to Florida.

I am a bit pressed for time this morning so i will come back later with comments, for now I will just post yesterday's food...

B: the new mocha with cocoa powder (yum), 1/2c full fat fage, 1/2C blueberries
    L: blackened blue marlin with a cream sauce, a couple of pieces of red pepper, cole slaw
    S: tea with coconut milk and stevia when I got home, I was hungry so I had 4 oz pot roast (cold) dipped in homemade ranch dressing
    D: 2 oz. pork loin, huge salad, creamed spinach

this mornings weight 261.6 down another .8! that is 4.2 since I started-had been on a plateau for about 4 to 6 weeks maybe, so I am thrilled!
    Chris
    Unknown

What a fun way to start your day!! LOL Hope all goes well!

Meant to ask with the SPEED, is this a 6-8 week program (like Kruse) or a this is the way you do this from now on.
    Karin

this is what I do until I go to maintenance, which is just a matter of slowly adding in things until I figure out what it takes to stay there. It is not nearly as restrictive as the Leptin Reset. they just give you a baseline of ideas and you work it from there. It truly makes much more sense to me. It is essentially the weight loss version of the Primal Blueprint. When you are done losing you go back to Primal Blueprint.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    this is what I do until I go to maintenance, which is just a matter of slowly adding in things until I figure out what it takes to stay there. It is not nearly as restrictive as the Leptin Reset. they just give you a baseline of ideas and you work it from there. It truly makes much more sense to me. It is essentially the weight loss version of the Primal Blueprint. When you are done losing you go back to Primal Blueprint.
    SAAWEET! I downloaded there 3 tips and they sent me chapter 1 free.. so I am starting there until I can order a copy. So far, it answers questions and makes more sense. Is it still strict about 3 meals and no snacking?
    Karin