Page 148 of 617 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 6166

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 148

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Got my fitbit yesterday, linked it to my MyFitnessPal.com account. should be interesting to see if the 'calorie burned vs. calorie consumed' works. It did tell me about my sleep last night, which is really cool.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Ooh, a new toy! Hope it provides a lot of beneficial information.

Do you think the "calories burned" is fairly accurate?
    -- Ruth

I am not sure, but I won't use it anyway. I am working to set my calories such that I lose whether or not I move. Movement to me is for health not for weight loss since in the past it has not really helped me lose. In fact the 5 years I worked my butt off, at the gym 7 days doing aerobics and 3 of those strength, (they had 2 hours of 'free' babysitting!) I steadily gained 20 pounds a year.

It is interesting to see my sleep patterns. I have a high degree of efficiency, 97%, but last night I woke up 10 times, though I went right back to sleep. And I have only gotten 7 hours of sleep the last 2 nights. Of course I could do better if I would get in bed on time though.

I love that it syncs with my Myfitnesspal so that I don't have to start a new food tracking site.

I won't fully use it (in other words I am not getting back on the treadmill) till Sunday. Too much stuff going on this week, and trying to get on the treadmill just adds to the stress. Although my daughter did manage to fingure out why my tv downstairs had no sound and fixed it, so I will be able to watch movies again, yeah!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Love it when kids can fix things
    -- Ruth

one good reason to have em around!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Funny thing about the calories. I just decided to aim for 1300 as my magic number. That is my 2300 calorie burn for a non workout day -1000cals.

I answered someone in there journal who was saying she is not primal because she doesn't eat tons of fat and protein. I pointed her to ch 8 of the PB where it says eat 500-1000 cals below BMR + Harris Benedict, eat .7-1g protein per pound of LBM, eat 50-100g carb and make up the rest of your calories with fat. Therefore Mark does not propose "tons" of fat and protein.

In doing that, I realized that I am eating too many calories and could probably get good nutrition and still eat between 1300 and 1600 (workout days). My new macros are 75g carb, 75g fat, 90g protein.

I find that I will lose if I eat below about 1450, workout and movement are irrelevant to that for me. Of course I weigh quite a bit more than you do.

Current macros are about 70g cho, 80g fat, and 110g protein. Give or take. I pay more attention to the total, and my fiber where I shoot for between 25g and 30g (IBD ya know). But those macros seem to let me eat that number of calories and not have binge/craving issues. Also, shifting focus to my life and away from food is helping that as well.

I really wish that people would pay more attention to 1. what the book actually says, then 2. adjust that to fit their personal needs. Instead of following all the conflicting advice in many of the threads. Or making assumptions about eating "tons of fat and protein". But I guess part of the journey is figuring that out too.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Funny you are talking about this. As I have been looking at my current state my thought has me going back to what PB says. for the moment, throw out all the other "stuff" and get back to basics. A lot of the threads are misleading because they are posted by folks who are experts.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hell, everybody thinks they are an expert. lol

At the beginning of this month, I did just that. Threw out all the extraneous BS and got down to basics. I still do my SPEED goals, and do low calorie, with moderate macros. Move when I am compelled to. And eat the real stuff as clean as I can find and as simply prepared as I can figure it out. Gotta admit I don't focus as much on what is "Primal" though. I kinda figure if Grok was hungry he would eat what he could find.

Started to lose back what I gained last month.
    Chris
    Unknown