Page 147 of 609 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 6084

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 147

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I take 2,000 iu of D3 and a Multi in the morning, then my Asacol, 2,000 iu of D3, the other multi (it is a 2 pill dose), and a scant tsp of fish oil at night. But I am horrible about remembering both. So far so good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I quit all sup's. I was feeling nauseous all the time.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yeah, I sort of did too, mostly lazy though. I take the morning ones with my smoothie, and the evening ones with dinner. I can't take iron though, and I think splitting the dose for the multi and the D3 helps a lot. The fish oil is a little less than half a dose. I generally eat fish for lunch most days and a whole dose was not good on the intestines, but this dose has no effect so far.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

So I still correspond with Matt, one of the authors of SPEED. We have been talking lately about how working to shift my focus toward fun things in my life will allow the focus on fat loss to diminish and as a consequence likely help with the fat loss.

So I am working on that. I have spent the past 2 weeks making flowers out of paper. We have a Youth Senior Day tomorrow. There is a banquet. They insist on having the banquet on the basketball court side of the fellowship hall (essentially a cafe-a-gym-a-torium). That side of the hall has a stage, a screen, a light and sound system, etc. so that they can do all sorts of fancy things for the Sunday night casual service they hold there.

But this was a small class, and only about 60 people will attend the banquet. Plus it is a cavernous space. Trying to help people to forget it is a basketball court will take a lot of stuff.

So we have over 100 giant tissue flowers to decorate the buffet line area, and 3 crepe paper roses -one for each of the graduates. The roses are 12" across, made with double sided crepe, they are amazing even if I do say so myself.

There are a dozen tables, they are covered with a shimmery organza cloth over the paper one. In the center of each there will be a round mirror. On the mirror we are putting 5 to 7 glass containers of various heights. These are different heights because my fellow volunteer and I swept the goodwills, etc. for glasses and candlesticks and have glued them together (glasses on top of candlesticks) to create elegant candle holders.

Inside at least one of these on each table we are going to float laminated photographs of the youth, and there will be floating candles in every one of the glasses at each table. (don't want to have to use the overhead lights.

We have been planning this, collecting the necessary stuff for at least a month. Today is the day we put it together, tomorrow is the day of the banquet.

Monday I pick up DD from college.

Busy weekend, totally NOT focused on weight issues!
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    The flowers sound fantastic. We need a picture

I like your approach. Yesterday, I focused on everything but weight issues. It was a wonderful day.

I like the new quote in your signature...
    -- Ruth

I am technically challenged and have not figured out how to get photos onto this forum, unless they just happen to be small enough. I will give it another shot though.

I am trying to change the quote regularly, keep it long enough to get it ingrained into my brain but not so long that I don't notice it anymore.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    You are so very talented Chris. I get some neat ideas from your descriptions of decorating your home and other venues.

Photos: You can attach them, but it takes a while for them to be approved or you can upload them to a free photo site like picasa.

Click "link to photo",pick the size you want and then copy and paste the "url" here. The last step is to surround the "url" with
    [img]url[/img]. Every pic in my journal is linked that way. The only problem is if I remove them from the photo site, they will disappear here.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Gotta love tissue paper! Cheap and makes a big impact. I made tissue paper flowers a couple years ago for a party and then last year made more fussy ones for a kids playdate. They were a hit both times. They also make a great luau decoration on the cheap. Your decorations sound beautiful - it would be wonderful to see a pic, but your description was wonderfully detailed. Have fun - enjoy your creative gifts!

I am home, 6 hours later, but it looks very nice. I will take photos tomorrow when the lighting is right. We had exactly as many glasses as I needed. If anyone is on Pinterest, I will definitely up load my photos onto my board there. The ideas are on there in my boards as well.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    WOW.. sounds like fun and sounds like it all went well. Matt emailed me a couple weeks ago.. I have not emailed back though.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.