Page 146 of 640 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 6400

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 146

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OK, so day 3 of following my 1 new rule for 14 days and I have lost 2.6 pounds.

what is the one new rule you ask...take my supplements and medication the way I am supposed to. I am notorious for forgetting them.

Should I back up a bit? Precision Nutrition has a set of 10 "proven" fat loss habits. It is their suggestion that you choose the easiest one (or part of one) that you know with 99.9% confidence that you can do for the next 14 days. Only 1! I chose #2, your turn!

Here's the list...

2011 by Precision Nutrition Inc.
    Pick ONE of the following habits, and do it every day for 14 days.
    Fat Loss Habit 1. Exercise for 30 minutes
    Fat Loss Habit 2. Take fish oil and a multivitamin
    Fat Loss Habit 3. Drink at least 8 cups of water/fluid
    Fat Loss Habit 4. Eat at least 4 one-cup servings of vegetables
    Fat Loss Habit 5. Sleep at least 8 hours (including naps and night-time sleep)
    Fat Loss Habit 6. During each meal, stop eating when 80% full
    Fat Loss Habit 7. Twice during the work day, get up and do 5 minutes of muscle stretching
    Fat Loss Habit 8. Eat 4 – 5 meals
    Fat Loss Habit 9. Eat lean protein with each meal
    Fat Loss Habit 10. Replace grains with greens during each meal

These 10 habits should give you a great start on the fat loss process. But remember the rules. Don’t try to pile them all on at once. Begin by choosing only one new habit that you’re confident you can do for 14 days. Then do it, adding new habits only after you’ve mastered the first one.

And here’s another key tip. As you adopt each new habit, you have our permission to leave everything else the same. Sure, if you’re feeling particularly ambitious one day and you want to try a few new things, that’s OK. However, take my word. You can’t do it all at once, every day. But the good news is you don’t have to! So just let go of that expectation right now. Instead, pick one proven behavior to start with. The same way you would learn math, or learn to talk, or do anything, you are going to learn to get into shape.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I will do number 3.. when i analyze each one they are hard in curent situatiins.. i am on day 2 of number 3 now
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

that is a good one. It is one that I am currently successful at (well, not water, liquid though). I just order a few new flavors of Republic of Tea tea, so I am drinking 6 (16oz) mugs of tea, on top of my 16oz mug of coffee, my liter of ACV, and my 30oz smoothie, so I got that one covered!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

here is a fun little thing, the dress I wore to work today I have not worn since last year. It has a 3" band around the middle. Last year it was an empire waist, this year it sits on my waist, and it is also 3" longer.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I wanted to do #6, but decided it was too hard right now. So, as an intermediate step, I'm going to drink 2 glasses of water before I eat. It doesn't stop me, but helps take the edge off my hunger and lets me determine that I'm really getting full. It's helped whenever I've managed to do it
    -- Ruth

wow, that is ambitious, cause #6 is definitely the very last one I am going to do. I would do well to stop when I am full! 80% is a long way off unfortunately.

Drinking water before dinner sounds like it could be helpful. I have been drinking a lot of tea, and I drink the Double Green Matcha while I am making dinner, it helps a lot to keep me from scavenging during that time.
    Chris
    Unknown

It really seems to help (I've done it off and on for the past 2 weeks). Even though I drink a lot of fluids during the day, sometimes I need the reminder before I eat. Thanks for posting the list again. I'm going to give this 1 habit/14 days a while. Certainly can't hurt
    -- Ruth

It is likely that I need more than 14 days until I can add another one, I don't want to lose one to add one!
    Chris
    Unknown

Amen to that! Like you, even something as simple as my daily supplements (which isn't all that much) can be challenging!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I do not plan on going on fish oil again.. so that may be one I skip. I always take my meds though.. I got an AM routine
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-04-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: brain goes fast than my typing
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.