Page 144 of 606 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 6056

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 144

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I, for one, think it would be a good thing if Mark is not collaborating with Kruse.

Karin, I found the elite list, it is one of my favs of his. I am waiting for him to send me his 20 something points on his philosophy. He has obviously spent more time thinking about this so I would like to see what he came up with and use that as a guide for my own. Although, my tendency will be to have fewer rules so that I can remember them, or else I could do a mnemonic (this is how spell check wants me to spell that, I thought it started with a 'p') like "SPEED" right?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I read somewhere(a thread here?) that Mark and Kruse are no longer working together on a book.
    Well, I'm glad, but the fact that he considered doing it means something. I have come to the conclusion that Kruse may have some Aspergian tendencies. He talks down to, around and over people, but never to them.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Well, I'm glad, but the fact that he considered doing it means something. I have come to the conclusion that Kruse may have some Aspergian tendencies. He talks down to, around and over people, but never to them.
    I've never read anything from Mark that he was considering it.. Everything I read was through "the Kruse grapevine". Interesting that you think Asperger tendencies. I've wondered about NPD tendencies.

There is something there, well that or just pure arrogance and a crappy English teacher.

So I am working more heavily on the mental part of this whole fat loss thing. Setting some specific restrictions (my Core5) and then trying very hard to follow the cues my body sends. Mentally it feels much better. Physically it feels very good as well. Fat loss wise, well no scale until the 30th. Although what I am going to do to appease my fear that I will miss my low weight for the time period is to do a 3 day average I think. We'll see how I feel at the end of the month.

I had a back and forth set of emails with Matt (from SPEED). He was concerned that my 4 Golden rules (eat when hungry, what I truly want, consciously, stop when no longer hungry) are in direct conflict with my SPEED "D" goal of staying under 50g net carbs. He said he never heard of anyone living on pizza and ice cream and being healthy.

So after I gave a brief explanation of my philosophy in progress, I explained to him that in my experience my BFF, her hubs, and my hubs as well as my daughter are all "naturally" thin. They unconsciously follow my 4 Golden Rules in 99% of their life, the last 1% being that rare occasion when there is something presented to eat that they cannot pass up at least a taste of. None of them choose to live on pizza and ice cream although those are rare menu items for all four of them. All are moderate but consistent exercisers, and general move around a lot types. All are healthy.

When I did the 4 Golden Rules originally, I would often ask myself What Would Kim (my BFF) Do? The old WWKD. I had one of those rubber band bracelets that had the WWJD on it, turned it inside out (so people would not judge) and use it as a reminder of what my naturally skinny friend would do. While doing that I got down to what is my low weight for the past 10 years.

It stopped working because I got on the scale, saw the weight, decided if I just added a little bit of caloric restriction and a little more attention to the scale I would lose fat faster. Ahh but we all know where that led me. It took a few years but it took me to my highest weight ever. Lesson learned. Going back to what worked.

Using my 4 Golden Rules...my Core5...principles of SPEED...and working on an overriding guiding philosophy.

Oh and staying away from the scale.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Another really good post. I need to read this again when I'm not so danged pressed for time.
    -- Ruth

Chris, Have you ever raised your carb level above 50g (net) consistently for a period of time? It seems to me that you have been VLC for a long time. Maybe an experiment is in order.

Actually, the 50 net is what I raised it to a while back, maybe a month or so ago. That is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 75g total carbs. I am always under 100g total. I usually get between 25 and 30g of fiber.

It is actually a tad bit difficult to raise them a little past here (for me) without raising them a lot. I am hoping my one 'treat' a week will help with that. We have company for dinner again tomorrow and I am making a BAS, and homemade bread, with some cheese type spreads. And that is this week's treat.

I don't really care enough for white potatoes, rice, pasta, beans etc to bother to add them back to my diet. Although I have been having Lupini beans every couple of days (this is a dry bean that you soak and change the salty water on daily for a few weeks and then enjoy). They have as many fiber grams as carb grams though so not really raising the net there.

And sweet potatoes are ok on occasion.

It will be interesting to see what effect following my body cues has on that number though.
    Chris
    Unknown

I was just curious.
    I still don't know the wt effect of raising my carbs because I was not weighing For the first two weeks, I could feel my body losing, but unfortunately, weigh in corresponded with the iodine bloat issue.

While, I am not weighing in right now, I am tracking. I need that information to catch trends and see what needs changed/tweaked.

I do know that I was feeling like crap when I was at 25g total or less, so have been squeaking it up to a point where I feel good. I am past due for my annual and am compiling a list of nutrients and things that I want to be tested for. Mark has a great article about deficiencies today and I will incorporate those into my list for the doc to check. The beauty of the system I am in is that the doc will check and then the numbers get posted to my 'account' and I can see them. I don't have to take a nurses word that they are high or low or whatever. And I can go back and check from past tests as well. Very nice.
    Chris
    Unknown

On neat. I have to wait for the copy to come in the mail.