Page 143 of 660 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 6593

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 143

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For me I think that "#3. I make the best choice possible at the time" covers the not for comfort/bored/tired, because if I need comfort I need to call/email/text a friend, if I am bored I need to move on to one of my kagillion projects, if I am tired I need to rest/nap, etc. It also covers those situations where I have no control over the food choices, that is just life and I will make the best choice under the circumstances.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Very nice! I love #5.

I also think for me I'd add: food is not for comfort, or because I'm bored, or tired, or angry, or happy.
    or hurt, or sick, or sad, or hot or cold or lazy....
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am continuing to work my way through Dean Dwyer's blog. I should probably limit myself to only reading one post a day, to allow myself to absorb what I need to get, but there is so much insight that I can't seem to stop myself.

So what I am working on, besides my philosophy, is the CORE5. That is 5 core things that I do no matter what. They have to be general enough to work in every situation.

So far I have...

1. I do not eat crap
    2. I track, journal, or in some way keep track of what I eat
    3. I make the best choice possible every time
    4. I use transgressions as learning experiences
    5. I put myself first, if I don't put my oxygen mask on I won't survive to help others put theirs on.

So it is a work in progress. Open to ideas!

gotta go, have a date with the treadmill!
    so I have started investigating his site. Some of it is pretty good. I am not sure where he stands with some items I think are loopy but a lot makes sense. I like your list BTW.
    Karin

I think like everything else, you have to take what works for you and throw the rest out. Eventually I am going to hit upon the right combination and hit my goal weight and stay there!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

He kind of has a bromance for Kruse.. that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth as I am not a Kruse fan.. that is my only, hmmm
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    FYI Dean D. is paleo. No dairy, no artificial stuff, grass fed best etc. He believes in home based exercise.
    If you have any questions about his philosophy, let me know. I am a member of his paid member site and have been hanging with him for 8 months. I could also him ask specific questions for you, but he is pretty responsive to emails from the general public. Once his book comes out, that may all change. He may be "famous".

I think he respects Kruse's brain. He has stated that the man has few social skills and talks way over people's heads.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-18-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Heck, Mark is writing a book with Kruse. They are all making the rounds in the Paleo presenter world together and getting to know one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    FYI Dean D. is paleo. No dairy, no artificial stuff, grass fed best etc. He believes in home based exercise.
    If you have any questions about his philosophy, let me know. I am a member of his paid member site and have been hanging with him for 8 months. I could also him ask specific questions for you, but he is pretty responsive to emails from the general public. Once his book comes out, that may all change. He may be "famous".

I think he respects Kruse's brain. He has stated that the man has few social skills and talks way over people's heads.
    Good to know! Thanks. I have just started reading his blog. His elite list was a big W.O.W for me.
    Karin

One of the things that I actually really like about him is that it doesn't seem to really matter what eating plan you use as his approach is more mental.

Yeah, I am not a fan of Kruse either.

I don't know his elite list (or maybe I do and just don't recognize the name of it). going to check it out.

Paula, good to know, I can't think of any questions yet, but I will get back to you. thanks
    Chris
    Unknown

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Heck, Mark is writing a book with Kruse. They are all making the rounds in the Paleo presenter world together and getting to know one another.
    I read somewhere(a thread here?) that Mark and Kruse are no longer working together on a book.