Page 141 of 640 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 6393

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 141

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So today is the day, drumroll please.......

I am going to compare today's numbers with the earliest number I have for each of the measurements, from the start of the low carb journey which started April 1, 2011-Primal started August 20, 2011 and SPEED started October 10, 2011.

My highest weight was 289.8, current weight is 254.8 that is 35 pounds lost!

Upper Arm was 17" now 15".............down 2
    right Forearm was 12 is 11.5............down .5
    Chest was 48 now 45.5...................down2.5
    Waist was 41 now 38 .....................down 3
    hips were 53 now 47.5....................down 5,5!
    right Thigh was 30 is 27 .................down 3!
    right Calf was 17 is 16.5..................down .5

The first Body Fat % I took (from the scale) was 10-1-11 and was 54.9% so 6 months later I am 10 pounds lighter and my BF% is 52.1% which is down 2.8%.

So the results, while I am not tearing up the scale, 35 pounds down in a year is respectable and I will take it! But I think I am ripping up the tape measure! Total inches lost in a year....17 inches.

For me the most telling are the losses in the hips and thigh and they explain why I am in a smaller pant size.

I am happy with the numbers and my next weigh in will be the 30th of April, next tape will be the 15th of May.

p.s. for a little truth in advertising, my low weight for this March was 251.6 so I am up 3.2 pounds in the short term.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-15-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    These are great! Too often we get hung up on what is happening this very week, and if it is nothing, we feel down. But look at your progress! Congratulations.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Awesome! I am glad for your good news. I haven't decided how often I will weigh from here on out, but your plan seems good.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Those are great results, Chris. I know we'd all like them to be faster, but you have made a lot of sustainable changes.
    -- Ruth

OMG, Dean Dwyer is my newest hero! I just read this article...PALEO THAT LASTS: Successful Habits of the Primal Elite | Being Primal...strongly recommend it! Although he is paleo, his best stuff is not really about which plan you follow it is about how to make your chosen plan work. Great stuff.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Rats, double post.
    Chris
    Unknown

I like Dean a lot, as well. I like that he focuses on the process of change, which the folks at Precision Nutrition do as well. I have a few books on change I need to read soon.
    -- Ruth

I really like Precision Nutrition as well. I think it would be cool to be a counselor, once I reach goal. Of course I may be ready to retire by then!
    Chris
    Unknown

So not weighing in daily really works well with following the 4 Golden Rules. The concept of food/nourishment as intuitive is less stressful than the daily tweaking that I was doing.

For me the biggest problem with weighing in daily was that in weight loss/diet terms it made time pass differently than regular time. In other words, 3 weigh ins seemed like 'OMG, why am I not losing weight yet, what do I need to change'. When really 3 days is not enough time to show real change. As a consequence I never got to settle in to anything and allow it to become the way I eat. It was always a diet. 2 weeks gives my body time to respond and is not such an inordinately long time that I will have a chance to get back to my original 'high' weight.

Putting the weigh in off for 2 weeks, is allowing me to focus on the philosophy of how I eat (to steal from Dean Dwyer!). When I was a vegetarian, my eating pattern was a philosophy, no thought necessary, and I didn't cheat...you cheat on a diet but a philosophy is a guide. I was also not doing it for weight loss specifically, although I had hoped (given what is generally touted for SAD and what I believed to be true at the time) that I would lose weight. But it turns out that spending almost 2 years testing and tweaking cake recipes for a hoped for home business, while still true to a vegetarian philosophy, is not conducive to weight loss!

So I am working through the details, making simple rules that I can follow no matter where I go.
    Chris
    Unknown

I really love your post today.

It's funny what you say about a philosophy versus a diet. For awhile, primal was, for me, very much a philosophy. I'd look at something and think "that is NOT food, no way am I putting that in my body". I've gotten a little more lax over time, but I don't feel near as good as I did. It's really like gluten. I don't eat gluten, period. I need to reframe my thinking.

I'm trying really hard to get back into the philosophy mindset!

Thank you!
    -- Ruth