Page 140 of 665 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 6647

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 140

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    The salad sounds fantastic. I've mean making a tuna salad somewhat similarly (only, I've been adding a few raisins). The family LOVES it.

I hope today goes better and things you are able to do your errands using cash (really, did we all use cash and checks not that long ago?).
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I can so remember getting my first credit card and feeling so free, and yes now the reverse is very burdensome. I have a friend whose daughter has a saying when ever she gets to complaining about things like this..."such a first world problem". in other words, not a 'third world' problem, or her way of saying get a life, this is nothing compared to what 95% of the world has to deal with.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    UGH, sorry about the CC. We get so used to our conveniences.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Can not imagine the pita of the cc ordeal..the tuna salad sounds yummy
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

So yesterday I had a chocolate experience. I don't want to call it a binge because it was a conscious choice, I didn't go looking for it in a sort of mindless frenzy. It was more of a decision to make the last of the cake bites that were sitting in the freezer. They had been calling my name for the last month. We had company coming over. Perfect combo. So I dipped them, then dipped a pound of strawberries, in chocolate. I ate the equivalent of a piece of red velvet cake and 4 strawberries. They were all very good, but the recriminations this morning, as well as the sugar hangover, I could do without.

One thing I honestly believe is that the human body does what it does because it believes that is the best chance for survival-whether or not it is correct. So why does my body believe it is more advantageous to remain heavy than to be thinner? What do I get from being here instead of being there?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

So I have been perusing Dean Dwyer's Blog Being Primal | Helping you make shift happen thanks to Pebbles. And ran across an entry about cheating. Planned cheating. I have read about this many times and thought I didn't need it or whatever. But for some reason this time it hit me as a possible solution.

The concept is that the cheats are planned and have a set of rules established before you start. He has 14 but suggests you modify to fit your own needs.

So I think I will try it. He does 3 a week, I think I could do with 1 a week at the most. He also makes himself go out to get it, I think I will require it be homemade. Anyway here is a list I am thinking I will use, and see how it goes...

1. MUST be planned, no spur of the moment/one I'm with sort of thing
    2. Must be homemade or very high quality chocolate.
    3. Must really be a treat (ie. no fake or faux cheesecake thing)
    4. Must be smaller than my fist (ie. not an entire cake)
    5. Must be with friends or in the company of others. I know that there are studies that show we eat more when we are with others but for me this is just not true. And I need to get out of the habit of looking for junk when I am unexpectedly alone.
    6. Must be less than 75 net carbs, and the rest of my meals that day need to be Very Low Carb in order not to overload the system, with the days total carbs coming in under 100 net.
    7. Don't skip a treat, this is an integral part of the plan and I am not 'saintly' if I manage to skip one, I am just setting myself up for failure.
    8. Treat can be anything I deem a treat at the time I plan it. Homemade bread with real butter, or chocolate, or a slice of a birthday cake, or well you get the picture.

So the new "week" starts on Saturdays (ie. today). We have company coming for dinner tomorrow so this week's planned treat will be a small cup (4oz) of the hubs brew-which has about 1g of carb per ounce, and 3 small slices of homemade bread-about 15 more carbs, and a small bit of dessert, which I have not decided what to make yet. But will sometime today and figure that in as well. Dinner is just going to be a BAS that I make so that is easy.

Weigh in and measure tomorrow morning.

So I am going to make cheesecake with a blueberry topping and a nut crust. I will make them in individual ramekins, so there is no slicing to make the edges nice and no serving size confusion for myself. The recipe is for 6 to 8 servings I will do 7 small ramekins. There will be 7 people there, so no leftovers.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-14-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add desssert
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I had forgotten about Dean's planned cheats. One of his was dark chocolate covered almonds. As he is Paleo, the Dark chocolate would be a cheat for him. I think I may go back and read some of his blog posts again.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

One thing I honestly believe is that the human body does what it does because it believes that is the best chance for survival-whether or not it is correct. So why does my body believe it is more advantageous to remain heavy than to be thinner? What do I get from being here instead of being there?
    I think somehow we have to convince our bodies that we're living in abundance with no significant threats to it, but steer clear of convincing our bodies that we're hibernating. I don't know what else to do! My body doesn't wanna let go of the fat either. I just need more yoga, more sleep and more moving around (but only in a relaxed way).
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, "cheating" only in front of others seems to be a win win for me. If I'm in front of other people, I'm too embarrassed to eat more than one serving and I think I eat it slower because I'm socializing and talking about how wonderful it is that I'm eating this thing. The experience is slightly extended if I'm the one who made the dessert. It's like I get extra servings through smelling all the ingredients, it cooking and being prepared. That's how it was when I made my mom's lemon birthday cake. I somehow made it through cooking only tasting the frosting once or twice to make sure I got it right.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have copied the rules into a word document and saved it to my desktop so I will see the title every time I get on the computer. A little reminder. I think I will move the icon around so I don't get used to seeing it.

Knowing that I am "allowed" to have the cheesecake definitely cut back on the tasting. I think this is going to work. Not sure if it will translate into fat loss, but it will hopefully get me out of the snarfing mood I have been in lately.
    Chris
    Unknown