Page 14 of 665 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 14

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Mom thought green beans would have been good in it- eh. me not so much. As for my DD.. no she would not try it and since it was not a Primal night she ate yogurt and cheez-its. UGH- I DO NOT get the mom of the year award! Couldn't even get her to eat some fruit or veggies and she does not want anything to eat untl 7:30pm-ish. Her grandmother, who is also primal like me is concerned if I force her to lose the crap too fast she could end up with an eating disorder/binge type thing. Sooooo..we are still on MWF primal nights.
    She is young, her body is more flexible than ours! Slow and steady wins the race.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    well.. tonight she ate pork steak with bbq sauce.. some days we are moving in the right direction. Of course she refused veggies..ugh.

oh and we must have shared germs.. we both have a fever and have this darn cold! We both miss school tomorrow..ACK!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

so sorry!

Hey, I seem to remember that I used to puree veggies and mix them into things like bbq sauce (although she probably has a particular one she likes) and spaghetti sauce, chilli, etc. Feeding our children can be a very stressful situation. I don't think my mom stressed, but she had 4, we just had to be at the table and were not allowed to say yuck -ooo my dad hated that if you poopooed something mom made, you didn't have to eat it, but no negative comments were tolerated!

regarding the eating disorder thing, I think if you google it you see there is a certain type of overachieving personality that tends to do that. I have known several anorexics as well as bulimics and while anorexics are different from bulimics, anorexics are very similar to each other as are bulimics. So you probably don't have to worry about that. But trying to make sure our kids have a better relationship to food than we do can be a very strong goal.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

So yesterday I got the book S.P.E.E.D. and read the entire thing. Although there are very few things in there I didn't know there are a few things in there that I thought I did know that were not true. So I am starting on this program, it is not a drastic change from what I was doing, which is good cause it will be easier to institute it.

I will wait to start exercising until TTOM is over, it is seriously depleting my iron stores and my muscles get burnt out just climbing a flight of stairs. I am in week 2 of it and every day, except for 2 in the middle that were light and tricked me into thinking it was over, has been my heaviest day. It has required I wake up at least once a night, so it is messing with my sleep too. The good news is that I am likely to be near the end of ever having them, or at least that is what I hope is going on!

This book is about a multi-level approach, each letter in the title stands for another level of the approach to encompass the whole. It will take a while to integrate them, but they are actually excellent and doable life long practices.

yesterday's food:

B: mocha
    L: cabbage, avocado, salmon, vinegar, oil, coconut milk
    D: fritatta with- eggs, cheese, broccoli, spinach, tomato, sausage

In accordance with the "S" of SPEED, I went to bed last night at 9:30 and woke up 5 minutes before the alarm went off. So to the extent that I could control it, I had a good nights sleep.

For the "P" I will take some time today to set goals, and the meditation is part of my sleep hygiene schedule.

"E" exercise will have to wait for now, but I am setting it up so that I can be ready to start.

"E" environment, stop eating in front of the computer and tv, will have to work on this part.

"D" diet, I have calculated my total calories, and macro nutrients, as well as mapped out a sample menu. My breakfasts and lunches will pretty much be the same every day, cause that is what I like to do, it gives me a guideline for dinner so I know what to do if for example we go out or something.

weight this morning=265.6
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-12-2011 at 05:30 AM. Reason: add starting weight
    Chris
    Unknown

So for the 3rd time in 2 months I have done a major readjustment to my program. Tweek tweek tweek.

Yesterdays food:

B: mocha, greek yogurt, blueberries
    D: pot roast, caesar salad

It doesn't look that different. The big difference is I am measuring what I eat and keeping a fitday.com journal of the calories as well as the macro nutrients. The book has ways for you to figure out what you are supposed to eat by way of all of those things. I came short on protein and a tad high on calories, which did not go over my maintenance total just over my goal for weight loss.

"S" I went to bed last night at 9:30 and woke up before the alarm this morning, so that is good, it feels so much better than having to drag my butt out of bed.

"P" I have set my goals I just need to write them down.

"E" this will happen if I ever get off of TTOM (today is day 9 and I am on the 3rd box of 36 "Ultra" tampons-and it doesn't seem to be letting up at all-so I am worried about the iron, and certainly have no strength to start body weight exercises)

"E" well, lets just say I am working on this one. It is very hard to eat alone and not want to do something else, ie. read, surf the web, or watch tv.

"D" I did well, still need to tweek to get my protein level up. For my current weight it is supposed to be near 180g, I got 124g yesterday.

I did feel better yesterday no dizziness or any of that "labotomy" feeling. Not dancing around, but not dragging around either.

oh, and I lost .8 lbs (I am 'allowed' to go back to daily weigh ins, which I feel much better with because I feel like I can make necessary adjustments as the situation arises, if I wait a month and put on weight I don't have a chance of knowing what caused it. Plus in a month I could put on some serious weight!)

today 264.4
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-13-2011 at 05:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    Chris
    Unknown

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I am about the same age you are. Do not accept that the heavy bleeding is normal!! I always believed that instead of going to the OB/GYN and it took a hemmoraghe to make me go finally. Make an appointment now! Could be fibroid tumors but wouldn't it be better to know what is going on? I was going through 120 Super Plus tamponsin four days. Not only expensive but in looking back I should have gone too the doctor ten years ago!!

thanks so much, I did end up making an appointment, but I am on coumadin until mid October, so I am sure that is not helping matters at all!
    Chris
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So for the 3rd time in 2 months I have done a major readjustment to my program. Tweek tweek tweek.

Yesterdays food:

B: mocha, greek yogurt, blueberries
    D: pot roast, caesar salad

It doesn't look that different. The big difference is I am measuring what I eat and keeping a fitday.com journal of the calories as well as the macro nutrients. The book has ways for you to figure out what you are supposed to eat by way of all of those things. I came short on protein and a tad high on calories, which did not go over my maintenance total just over my goal for weight loss.

"S" I went to bed last night at 9:30 and woke up before the alarm this morning, so that is good, it feels so much better than having to drag my butt out of bed.

"P" I have set my goals I just need to write them down.

"E" this will happen if I ever get off of TTOM (today is day 9 and I am on the 3rd box of 36 "Ultra" tampons-and it doesn't seem to be letting up at all-so I am worried about the iron, and certainly have no strength to start body weight exercises)

"E" well, lets just say I am working on this one. It is very hard to eat alone and not want to do something else, ie. read, surf the web, or watch tv.

"D" I did well, still need to tweek to get my protein level up. For my current weight it is supposed to be near 180g, I got 124g yesterday.

I did feel better yesterday no dizziness or any of that "labotomy" feeling. Not dancing around, but not dragging around either.

oh, and I lost .8 lbs (I am 'allowed' to go back to daily weigh ins, which I feel much better with because I feel like I can make necessary adjustments as the situation arises, if I wait a month and put on weight I don't have a chance of knowing what caused it. Plus in a month I could put on some serious weight!)
    Day 9??!!!!! Girl.. you need to get in to the doc and they need to rethink the cumodin. Glad your not dragging though.
    Karin

thanks! Just read that clams are good sources of iron, it looks like we are gonna be having clam chowder for dinner tonight!

Good news is that my weight went down even with TTOM going on!

I will email the doc and see what she has to say.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can not find it but you mentioned something in regards to exercise and 5 essential movements?? is this from the speed book or from Mark?
    Karin