Page 139 of 640 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 6400

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 139

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So the allure of the chocolate called again, I had 2 more squares. Still too sweet, but no, I didn't spit it out. I did wake up this morning and throw the rest of the bar away. I did the 5 whys...

Why did I keep the bar in the first place? Because I wanted to eat it.

Why did you want to eat it? Because I wanted to be a "normal person" and eat a piece of chocolate and leave the rest.

Why do you think you are not a normal person? Because I have been dieting since I was in 8th grade, I have had VERY few instances in which I eat because I am hungry, eat what I want, stop when I am not hungry anymore.

Why don't you eat like that? Because I am afraid.

Why are you afraid?...afraid that I will go crazy and gain a ton of weight and end up with paramedics having to tear down a wall to get me to the hospital....afraid that it will work and I will have to admit that I have wasted my life spending so much time worried about my weight.

So I threw it away. Honestly it was not that good, I ate it because 1. it was there and 2. something in the back of my mind says it is chocolate so I want it.

Just got a newsletter that talks about conflicting visions of myself. Conflicting Visions: a reason for fat loss failure | S.P.E.E.D. - Evidence Based Weight Loss

I will sit down, hopefully today, but definitely by this weekend and lay out my visions for my life and see where they may be conflicting, and where I have let go of control, and where I should let go of the attempt to control.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am proud of you for doing the 5 whys. Sadly, so much of the good information we learn...we never use. You motivate me to do some whys myself.

yes, you are right, now I gotta use what I am learning!

Doing the 5 whys actually took way less time and energy than I thought it would, ran through the questions in my mind in seconds and took the first thing that popped into my head. If I had taken the time to try to figure it out, I feel pretty sure I would have come up with different answers.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    What is it about fear that gets us every time?

I am afraid of failure and afraid of what others think of me. Dean wrote in an interview that overcoming obstacles is all about failure...accepting it and learning from it. With the binges, I "fail" at least once a week right now and yet that is better than going back to full time SAD eating.

Also the "F-it, I want to be normal" attitude is often an excuse for me to eat non primal foods. So I understand.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm proud of you for throwing that bar way. I've done something similar recently. I love that the 5 whys are being incorporated into our lives I'm going to need to read the SPEED article. I've started thinking about the 5 why in general and I was startled (a bit) at some of my own revelations. I'll post more this weekend.
    -- Ruth

Well $hit! Someone stole our credit card number. Started making charges on skype, didn't even know that was possible! The credit card company called, and now we had to cancel the number, won't get a new card for 5 days! GEEZ, I don't know how to use cash anymore, we don't use debit cards specifically for this reason! What a PITA. The little bugger actually made a charge while I was on the phone with Fraud services.

So the rest of my errands are put off for a bit, till I can go get some cash.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, no, Chris. Sorry about that!!!! (I don't know how to use cash, either. I'm aways flabergasted when I go somewhere that is cash only...like this goofy big gas station in California!).
    -- Ruth

I don't like walking around with cash in my purse. DH has a big recruiting luncheon tomorrow that he had planned to put on the credit card. Do restaurants take checks? I told him to call ahead and make plans. I feel like such a doofus. Kind of like when the electricity goes out and you want to turn on the light to read the directions on the emergency lantern.
    Chris
    Unknown

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I feel for ya - have had it happen to us to. While there's no real loss, it's still a PITA to use cash all the time. I'm used to shopping like a brat, but with cash, you need to make sure you don't overspend or you feel silly putting things back. Plus, you have to go to the cashier inside when pumping gas, etc. Just go pull lots of cash out of the bank and remind yourself that all is well

I had ordered the filters for my refrigerator online, turns out they didn't put the card through until yesterday so the credit card company obviously would not ok the transaction. Will have to reorder when the new card comes in. I had actually made 3 purchases online that day. Waiting to see if the other stores got in in enough time.

so yesterday was a bit stressful. Not horrible, at least it was caught, but it threw a wrench in my errand running afternoon. Now I have company coming tonight and still need to do the errands before they get here. They are going to help me with the decorations and I am going to feed them. So I need the rest of the stuff to do the decorations and of course the food.

No idea what I actually ate for lunch, I ate while I was doing the phone tag with the credit card company. Not a great idea, but at least it was confined to my lunch.

Dinner was fantastic! I made a mixed greens salad with cukes, yellow pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and a vinegar and oil dressing that I made with dry mustard, poppy seeds, and a few drops of stevia. Then on top of that I made a tuna salad. That was canned tuna, carrots, celery, radishes, golden flax meal, chopped pecans and chopped apple with homemade mayo. OMG, soo good. It made a massive amount of food. I had a cup of the tuna mix on top of my green salad, then DH had 2 helpings of the tuna, actually finished it off! Normally the only thing he goes back for seconds on is bread and ice cream (well really any carb and any dessert)-never fish.

So today is a new day, I will go by the bank after work and then the grocery and the teacher's store for supplies.
    Chris
    Unknown