Page 134 of 652 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 6514

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 134

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I cannot even imagine going back to eating grains and lots of sugar. My random yearnings for a piece of pastry aside, I think I have finally gotten to the point of considering them poisons. I'd rather have a luscious real food treat.
    I do find it interesting that yesterday when I was getting 'cravy' even the treat I obsessed about, COULD have been primalized. Granted, I was thinking about getting a banana split from Braum's, but I could have made my own ice cream with good fats, real fruit, and little sugar, topped it with fruit and a primal chocolate sauce, and gone even better with real whipped cream and cherries. I was NOT thinking about a cupcake, or ho-ho(oh, how I used to love those! Remember when they came wrapped in REAL foil? Now, they just seem nasty to me. Dry and chemically.)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I rarely ate the bars after the first month or so. But I did make myself treats. I am pretty sure I could do that again. I stopped even trying when I went primal because I sort of felt like I wanted to stop to faux foods and "attempts to be" and concentrate on eating real and fresh. I have not been super successful with making a primal breakfast bar. Although I did make a muesli/granola of sorts that was primal (all nuts and seeds) and used it to make bars that were pretty good but a lot of work.

I did find a blog in which she uses mostly stevia for her treats. I may have to give one or two of her things a try.

I used to like Little Debbie (reminds me of my home packed school lunches, mom always included one of those). The reality of those is that they are actually quite small by most standards-or they were. So at least it was a reasonable portion.

there is a 'sponge cake' that the Primal Junk Foodie has on her blog that I think could be primal. And I could easily make my homemade cream cheese into a very nice cream cheese frosting with a little whipped cream and a touch of stevia. May have to do this soon. although I don't usually have issues when I am at my parents home, so spring break is happening just in time.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried Mark's Primal Energy Bar? I am going to do those as made in the "Primal Energy Bar Redux" recipe. Where they add protein powder. My Mom and I liked them a lot.

I will look into it. thanks
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Here is the recipe I used for the "granola"

Primal homemade ‘Granola’

Preheat Oven to 350
    Into Food Processor-chopped not ground-then move to large bowl:
    2 ½ C of mixed nuts (ie. 1C Walnuts or Pecans & 1C Almonds & ½ C of Macadamia)
    ½ C sunflower seeds
    ½ C pepita (pumpkin seeds)

Into Food Processor-chopped not ground then add to the above bowl:
    1C banana chips
    1C dried apricots

Add to the Above bowl:
    ½ C Desiccated, Unsweetened Coconut
    2 Scoops Whey Protein-optional
    2T Good Cinnamon

Melt and mix together:
    1/3 C Coconut Oil
    1/3 C Raw Honey
    ¼C Butter

Mix it all together, Put on greased cookie sheet, put in oven, stir every 10 minutes, until browned, from 20 to 30 minutes.

When completely cooled transfer to Cereal Tupperware container.

Can eat out of hand or in a bowl with cream or choice of milk.

Then, I took some of it and added egg and probably protein powder and chocolate chips and baked for bars. Unfortunately the bars that I have made for years are fantastic, and well ingrained in their taste buds. I make them as primal as I can and he eats one for breakfast each day.

For myself, I might make little balls of the other recipe, so I can just pop one when I need it, I don't usually use bars, I would just grab a handful of raw almonds.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Have I told you that your awesome today?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Your granola is addictive. Even my daughter who hates all nuts said it was pretty good.

I'm making it tomorrow as my best friend is coming from S. CA on Saturday.

Karin, you are so sweet!!!

Marcadav, I actually had to stop making it as I kept finding myself in the pantry with my hands in the container!
    Chris
    Unknown

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait to make Primal homemade ‘Granola’. It looks yummy.
    Little Debbie and I use to be best friends. I loved the Swiss Cakes Rolls thw best.
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    I can't wait to make Primal homemade ‘Granola’. It looks yummy.
    Little Debbie and I use to be best friends. I loved the Swiss Cakes Rolls thw best.
    I was a fan of the oatmeal cookies with cream in the middle.

Today is going well, I can feel that attitude I get when I am done with veering of course. It is not disgusted or angry with myself for the indescretions or determined even, it is just ok moving on like the last almost month didn't happen.

I am approaching my one year anniversary of starting low-carb in mid April. Primal one year is August.

So when I get back from Spring Break I will do a weigh in and measurement and give the "year's" success numbers. Under normal circumstances doing it after a vacation would be dangerous, but I am spending the week with my parents at the beach. I almost always lose weight after a week there. The only glitch will be the 2 days we have to eat out when we do the college visit the day after we get back. So I will probably weigh in before that!
    Chris
    Unknown