Page 133 of 599 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5983

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 133

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hang in there. I think having a few tests will either give you answers or rule out some things.

I think movement you enjoy is so important. So often we find ad quit activities because they do not interest us and are just another chore. I am a b-personality. I work an hour rest an hour..lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    so Marcadav is likely right. When I eat following the 4 'Golden Rules' I lose weight. I have been a little high in calories, fat and protein, and low in carbs. I will continue with the experiment, because in the end this is what I want to be able to do for life.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Good Morning..
    I use to do classes at the gym that i hated just because..now i workout at home. I think finding something you love is key to anyones success.
    How nice your daughter is home. My daughter is getting ready to leave for college in May. It will be different not having her here.
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

She was only home for the weekend. She rarely comes home, although she had planned to not be home for summer and that sounds like it is changing. I still have one at home, but once he is off to college, it will be ridiculously quiet around here.

I was starving all day yesterday, so following my 4 Golden Rules, I ate. Scarey. no junk, all real food. Lost .4 this morning. Apparently my body is telling me I do need a few more calories.

I have been going over my journal. In 4 months of low carb I lost 22 pounds, then I switched to Primal, in the 7 months since that switch I have lost 13 pounds. And that was only after I added SPEED. April is 1 year on this leg of the journey. 35 down is better than maintenance or gain I suppose. Seems like a lot of work and anguish for 35 pounds though.

I leave for spring break with my parents next week, looking forward to visiting, knitting, and strolling on the beach.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Just remember, you would have had the work and anguish in any case, just a different kind. Anguish of not feeling well, sugar spikes. Work of counting calories, or losing the same five pounds over and over. Where do you want to put your work? What is worth feeling anguish over? Health? Or the same old thing that got you in a jam?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, How was your low carb program different from your current Primal program?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

+1 Sabine. Just doing something positive even if the outcome is disappointing is better than going backwards. That is why I have a hard time understanding people who talk about quitting Primal and going back to eating wheat and sugar again full time. How is that a viable option?

I will have to go back and check the journals, but I think the main difference was that in low carb I managed a 'dessert' most days. I seem to remember eating more eggs too. I think the primal got me more focused on increasing my protein, maybe? and eggs are not a great way to get high protein, great source of nutrients though.

I will try to go back today and see what the big differences between the 2, thanks, had not thought to do that.
    Chris
    Unknown

I agree, I have no intention of quitting Primal, just trying to work through why I am not as good at losing weight on it as before.
    Chris
    Unknown

Yes, When I did Atkins, my focus was just staying low carb. I paid no attention to macros and had an Atkins bar every day. I kinda miss those chemical, sugar alchohol laden suckers. I may start making a primal breakfast bar again.

FYI, I added my whey protein back in. My macros now look like this...100g fat, 75g carb (gross), 130g protein (LBM 130).
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-29-2012 at 05:18 AM.