Page 128 of 608 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 6078

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 128

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Glad the hubs is ok.. scary. Who thought making beer could be dangerous. sheesh.

I am on board with the corned beef as well. It was on sale so I bought a couple more for later. Got a sweet potato cooking and rice, I will sautee cabbage in butter (sounds good) and maybe make some carrots. I never know what Lil will eat. grr
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the mishap - no fun! I always investigate crashes in my house because you never know what the deal is around here! Glad all is mostly well and hope DH has learned his leasson!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I am back to investigating the crashes. He is not generally klutzy, but when he does fall or do something like this it tends to be significant. Plus he is getting older (I am not of course) and a fall would be more significant than when he was not so old (he turns 56 next month).

I had not ever had corned beef, except in corned beef hash, before. We all thought it was too salty. I had bought a very small one so we don't actually have any left over for hash. The buttered cabbage was amazing though. And I had a small white baked potato, with kerrygold and sour cream. It was ok, the butter was the best part.

Puffy fingers this morning, but lost a smidge (.2).

We have a fun day planned today. After church we are going to go visit the store front for the History Channel show "Pickers". they opened one here. Then we are going to go to the liquer store to pick up some wine that a friend brought over and we particularly liked.

I will still have time to do the treadmill this morning though. I didn't yesterday, and although I was busy it didn't translate to steps. I really feel like, even though "exercise" is not essential to my good health currently, 10,000 steps seems to be the break point at which I start to feel differently. Sort of 'the line in the sand' from the old me to the new active me.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

salty food and a loss- SCORE!

I do not understand what the History Channel storefront is. It's a store?? If so, that would be a fun place. Kansas City used to have a Discovery store that was awesome.

How long do you walk on the treadmill to get your 10,000 steps?? I walked around town and added a couple thousand but trying to get to 10,000 seems impossible.
    Karin

I walk for 30 minutes. Don't allow myself any more during the week as I don't want it to become a chore. I watch a movie so sometimes it is very difficult to get off the machine. I generally get close to 5,000 steps without the treadmill so I am trying to get 5,000 or close to it on the treadmill.

The store front is actually the guys from the show "American Pickers" opened a store in Nashville. Mike Wolfe | American Pickers | Antique Archaeology | History Channel

Then last night we were watching HGTV (I am allowed Saturday night without war/guns/mayhem tv because there is nothing good on) and the show was about an Interior Design Company that is in our neighborhood! Nashville Lifestyles

It is like living in a real city, but it still feels like a small town! So fun.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

so the store front is an actual store or is it more like a museum?
    Karin

it is an actual store. I doubt we would buy anything though. On the show they tend to concentrate on cars, bikes and signs, and the prices they pay are usually more than I would pay, let alone the prices they would have to charge in order to make a profit. But I think the boys will enjoy going, especially if they see something they saw on the show.
    Chris
    Unknown

ahh gotcha!! Have a good time and you never know, you may find that perfect item for your new "bar space".
    Karin

What I would love to find is an iron and leather bench for our foyer. We'll see. DH tends not to buy anything unless it is on the 'list'. He is not good at thrift store type shopping because if it isn't on the list he wants to think about it and come back. And of course you can't do that in these kinds of situations as the item is rarely there when you go back.
    Chris
    Unknown

put it on the list..LOL
    Karin