Page 127 of 608 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 6078

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 127

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would too if I wasn't so sleep deprived from sweating!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    so is the beer wort something like my kombucha scoby?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

It is a huge glass jar of beer that is apparently fermenting? It needs to be between 64 and 72 degrees. I think it is the yeast in it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

The fan worked! Nice white noise too, it has a deep hum. perfect.

So to fit in with my belief that binging is the body's way of compensating for something it is missing...I feel like I lose weight when I only eat when I am physically hungry. And I gain whenever I eat for other reasons. The last couple of days I felt, mentally, like I was over eating. But I was being very careful only to eat when I was physically hungry, eating exactly what I wanted, and stopping when I was no longer hungry (ie. not eating till I was stuffed), and tracking it in order to be able to analyze.

Last night, I made dh his breakfast bars. They are not primal or low-carb, but they are tons better than the garbage that comes packaged as healthy bars. anyway....Just before going to bed I had to portion them out and put them in zip lock baggies. So I messed up the cut and had to 'fix' it. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! the dreaded messed up cut! So I trimmed it, and nibbled the piece cut off. But it still wasn't straight OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! FIX IT! nibbled the piece that I trimmed off.

I know that you all know where this is going. Yes I ate that whole piece. Was not hungry before was stuffed and bloated after, and yes gained .6 this morning.

I honestly think that listening to the body is the key. When the body needs nourishment it will tell us in various ways, that is when we should eat. How can I be so ego-maniacal as to think my brain is smarter that my body's need to thrive?
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    You just made me so hungry. When I first started Primal pre VLC, I used to make Mark's granola bars. I think I'll start making those again. Yum! Maybe I'll add protein powder so I can have them for breakfast.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The fan worked! Nice white noise too, it has a deep hum. perfect.

So to fit in with my belief that binging is the body's way of compensating for something it is missing...I feel like I lose weight when I only eat when I am physically hungry. And I gain whenever I eat for other reasons. The last couple of days I felt, mentally, like I was over eating. But I was being very careful only to eat when I was physically hungry, eating exactly what I wanted, and stopping when I was no longer hungry (ie. not eating till I was stuffed), and tracking it in order to be able to analyze.

Last night, I made dh his breakfast bars. They are not primal or low-carb, but they are tons better than the garbage that comes packaged as healthy bars. anyway....Just before going to bed I had to portion them out and put them in zip lock baggies. So I messed up the cut and had to 'fix' it. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! the dreaded messed up cut! So I trimmed it, and nibbled the piece cut off. But it still wasn't straight OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! FIX IT! nibbled the piece that I trimmed off.

I know that you all know where this is going. Yes I ate that whole piece. Was not hungry before was stuffed and bloated after, and yes gained .6 this morning.

I honestly think that listening to the body is the key. When the body needs nourishment it will tell us in various ways, that is when we should eat. How can I be so ego-maniacal as to think my brain is smarter that my body's need to thrive?
    kinda chuckled although I know it was frustrating to you. Your a picture straightener aren't you? Have you ever seen Father Goose? Your situation kind of reminds me of the Heroine from that movie.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

No I will have to watch it. Yes I am a picture straightener.

To those breakfast bars, I have added gelatin, and protein powder to increase the protein, I also substitute dried unsweetened coconut for the wheat bran. But he specifically requested the oats and oat bran stay (cardiologist orders), and I have not found a good substitute for the Fiber one cereal. They also have PB, brown sugar, and maple syrup, as well as mini dark chocolate chips. This recipe is one I have made for years and is highly requested. I have played with it as much as I know how so far.

I did for a while make him granola which I then used as an ingredient for breakfast bars, but I could never get a good consistency-too messy for him to eat at work. But they were primal or very very close. I couldn't keep the granola around though, it was too yummy. And though primal was not low-cal, low carb, or a reasonable snack for a woman trying to lose weight.
    Chris
    Unknown

So this morning I rushed out to do some work at the swim and tennis club. My BFF is the manager and I redid some bulletin boards for her.

Lesson #1, if I think something will take an hour it will take 4
    Lesson #2, nothing is as easy as I think it is going to be
    Lesson #3, I need to measure, my math is horrible

I left the house at 8:30 did not get back until 1, I had thought I would be back by 11 at the very latest.

The bulletin boards were not just straight, put some batting on then cover with nice material then add rope border. The both had kindergarten decorations that had to be taken off and one of them had cork boards screwed onto it (could not get them off).

I had the measurements when I went to the store to get the rope border, did the math to figure out the perimeter length. I thought I bought too much, was 18" short. So have to go buy more and finish.

So in other news. DH slipped yesterday, in the basement while trying to pour soapy liquid from a very large (6 gallon) glass 'carboy' (some beer making thing) into a large keg with a small hole. He fell backward, knocked himself out, the jar essentially exploded into a bunch of tiny shards, and cut up his hands.

Now all of our married life and especially since I have had kids, when I heard a loud thud I investigate. But about a year ago, he got upset with me for doing it because he thought I was treating him like a kid. So I stopped checking on him (I am now allowed to start again, thank goodness).

Anyway, I heard this thud, thought "I should go investigate" remembered I wasn't allowed to and waited. Maybe 15 minutes later he came up cupping is hands and told me what happened (but didn't realize he had knocked himself out until I questioned him). He is fine, sore today, got a few stitches where the middle finger of his right hand meets the palm, and had to have some stuff put on the outside of his left palm, there he scraped the skin and there was nothing to stitch, but it wouldn't stop bleeding.

Spent a little over 3 hours at a doc-in-the-box yesterday afternoon. fun times

Planning corned beef for dinner tonight (it is in the crock pot), with cabbage sauteed in butter, and for the boys I will bake potatoes. We are not Irish, my favorite aunt was (she used to have a huge party every year), so I feel like I should honor the Holiday.
    Chris
    Unknown

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I've got corned beef bubbling away as well. I'm going to treat myself to some white potatoes, even, though for the hash tomorrow I'll switch to sweet potatoes.
    I'm glad your husband is (relatively) okay. How scary. You accept that blackouts can happen after you've been drinking, but while you're still making the beer? Harsh.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Wow, Chris, what a weekend. I shouldn't laugh, but it is a little funny that you didn't go check in on him Men. They are funny sometimes. I'm glad he's okay though.

We are also having corned beef. Yum........
    -- Ruth