Page 123 of 665 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 6648

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 123

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Congrats on the loss!! WTG! You seem to be in a good place now (even if you are a bit confounded). Obviously what you are doing is working. Keep it up.
    +1

You may never know exactly what works and that will change with time anyway. I say when it's going well, enjoy the ride!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, this is what I hope I will be able to learn to do for life, since I would obviously prefer to get to a place where I don't count calories. So it is nice that, at least for now, it seems to be working.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So glad that you are finding your groove again.

Thanks. I am thinking that the trick is not to repeat endlessly what worked yesterday, but to work hard to listen to what my body really wants right now. It is going to want to eat and do those things that will maximize good health and vitality in order to survive and thrive. I gotta stop fighting it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    thanks. I am thinking that the trick is not to repeat endlessly what worked yesterday, but to work hard to listen to what my body really wants right now. It is going to want to eat and do those things that will maximize good health and vitality in order to survive and thrive. i gotta stop fighting it.
    yes! This!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

255 up .4, but TOM started today, and I had a tad too much chocolate yesterday. I find if I eat it fast enough I can get more in before my body has a chance to send the signal to stop I have had enough. Obviously I need to slow down and sit down to eat it.

So yesterday the things I did well...

I went to bed when I got my first inkling that I was tired, even though it was a Friday night and I could sleep in today and my team was on tv (Go Vandy!).

I kept myself busy with non-food things and had a pretty productive day.

I managed to mostly eat off a plate (except for the medicinal chocolate).

I walked on the treadmill and got very close to my goal of 10,000 steps (9737)

For 99% of the day, I only ate when hungry, I only ate what I truly wanted, I enjoyed every bite, and I stopped when I was no longer hungry (here is where I slipped up with the chocolate).

Now for the bad news....when I was trying to put the extremely heavy box with the metal garage shelving unit into my car (because I had declined an offer for help from a store employee) I dropped the box on my big toe. So, yes it is painful, no I will not be climbing up and down a ladder to paint the master bedroom today, yes it is likely I will lose the toenail just in time for summer sandal season, no I am not happy about it!

But life goes on, I will clean the heck out of the room and hopefully get the photo montage hung over the bed (dh has been asking for some art work over the bed for years, I just couldn't decide what to put, so have, so far put nothing). I will also make sure the rest of the house is wonderfully clean by the time he gets back from the airport in time for dinner.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Poor Thing. Yes my independent streak has caused injury in the past as well. Keep doing the good things.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your toe - hopefully it wont be as bed as you fear. I hate when the silliest little things cause such trouble - I mean how did anybody survive 200 years ago! Maybe if it really does loose the nail, you can come up with a creative toe cover that will look cool with sandles (thinking a glove finger cut off and modified somehow). Anyway, enjoy your cleaning and decorating and impending homecoming.

or maybe one of those temporary tatoos! Or some henna I could paint a design on with! I may not lose the whole nail, cause I hit the toe mid nail and the worst discoloration is on the tip of the toe, but the nail already has a sort of milky look to it. It actually does not hurt as bad as it did yesterday, as long as I don't touch it. But even the lightest brush of anything sends it throbbing.

I am on a brunch break. I have polished the wood furniture, dusted the walls and the ceiling fan, vacuumed the baseboards and upholstered recliner, got new clean sheets on the bed, now I just have to finish cleaning all the pictures (front and back) that go on the wall, vacuum and mop the floor and put everything back where it belongs. Then I can spend the rest of the afternoon mounting the 8 10x15 photos onto foam core, glue them together in a panoramic view and figure out how to hang it.

I will then consider this a very successful day. I am thinking I must be sleeping better, to have the energy to even think I can accomplish this!
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-10-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    Chris
    Unknown

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just reading that exhausts me. I salute you!