Page 121 of 598 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 5974

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 121

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    He once told me that he was afraid that when he died I would remarry some artsy fartsy type guy who would spend all the money that we had worked so hard to save for retirement. I asked him if he had lost his mind. I would get myself a nice cuddly dog and have the big ole bed all to myself!
    This cracked me up. Husbands.

My weimaraner has to sleep right in the middle. He hasn't been able to get on our bed for a long time, but Sat. night, when I was very sick, he hauled himself up there to be with me. Two of our cats stayed with me too. I was a little freaked out by it because animals sense things...

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    He is a cat person and I am a dog person. So no pets for us. When I was in high school our dog "Walter" would sit with you if you were sad or crying. No matter what enticement anyone else would offer, he would sit and comfort you until he thought you were ok. So yes, sometimes they just know you need company. He was the best dog in the world!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

So yesterday I over ate as well, I think that is 3 days in a row. I am thinking that by almost doubling my steps I most likely slightly increase my appetite if not my need for nutrients. So I am going to allow myself a few more calories and see if that will stop the non-stop grazing I have been fighting. I also hope that increasing the quality of my sleep will make a big difference here. I just can't help but believe that the sleep issue is the thing that is really the kicker.

Weight this morning 256.2 down .4, even with eating. So this reinforces my decision to allow myself a few more calories. So I will start by adding a serving of coconut milk to my morning smoothie. That is 50 calories, and a nice bit of fat. We will see if that is the thing that I need. I actually believe that the body has more flexibility where calories are concerned, but we will see how it goes.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

255.2 that is down a pound. I am puffy in the fingers, very puffy, and I spent the day nibbling.

So using my theory that we try to eat what the body needs, yesterday I was looking for nuts. Raw and unsalted, walnuts mostly, with a couple of pieces of chocolate thrown in for good measure. I did not drink nearly enough.

So I look up walnuts and find that they are particularly good for people with inflammatory diseases as well as arthritis. IBD is an inflammatory disease and my arthritis in my thumbs has been getting worse. Here is the source of my info, if you are curious...Nuts and Seeds: How Food Affects Health. So today I will purposefully add a measured amount of walnuts to my lunch. I will replace the tuna for a few days and see how it goes.

I also ran out of seaweed, so will have to pick up some more of that.

The mattress pads came in yesterday! DH goes to Dallas today so I start working on the bedroom! I am going to paint the walls, (partly cause they need it and partly cause it will mask a smell if the memory foam has one), and I am going to mat and hang the panoramic photos I took when we were at St. George Island over the bed (he has been nagging me to hang something over the bed for years), and I am going to put the mattress pads on (hopefully the fitted sheet arrives before he gets home on Saturday-I had to get one that fit a taller mattress). I am so excited!!! The bed will be over the top comfy, and the master bedroom will be complete.

Ah, gotta go, I have an appointment with a treadmill.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Awesome! I need to get to some projects around my house. Keep on moving, girl.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    How awesome you are this much closer tosome good sleep.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I need the sleep, I can feel the fog right now. Yesterday, when feeling particularly brain foggy, I went outside and did about an hour and a half of weeding. Not a lot of movement there, but lots of vitamin D, the day was perfect, and I felt so much better when I was done.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    How about a nap?Or will that affect tonight's sleep? What about a power nap.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I notice you mention seaweed and that reminded me that I wanted to start eating it. I'm at the library right now and will try to remember to pop into the health food store on Main Street to see if they have some. Thanks for the reminder!

I am just gonna go to bed early, with the new pads in place, all alone in a king sized bed. I am dreaming already!

I just got a shipment I ordered of seaweed flakes and kelp granules to be used in place of salt. I may just use these instead of bothering with the pkgs of seaweed, at least for now.
    Chris
    Unknown