Page 12 of 623 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 12

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am going to attempt to make Dr. B's sponge cake to see if my daughter likes it.. experimenting tonight
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I made DS some flourless cake yesterday, in cupcake size, but apparently either he or is father has a problem with understanding that 1 cupcake is a serving. So I am not going to make it if they are going to eat 4 servings at a time. I am trying to get them used to less sweet taste in things and eventually to learn that treats are occasional things not daily or multiple times or servings daily.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    LOL to the above. My men do the same thing with gluten free waffles and other wheat free fare I've been trying to incorporate. Not ideal, I know, but if we could just get rid of the wheat...

BTW Congrats on you loss of weight and inches. Your steadfastness on this program is an inspiration to me.

Thanks, I really have taken an attitude very similar to when I decided to become a vegetarian. It is what I do. It isn't a diet or something I can go off of or on to. I guess I have vegetarianism to thank for something. It is a different way of thinking than when I did WW or Atkins or any of the other hundreds of diets I went on. even though when I started one of those diets I was always gung ho, and sure this was it, it was really just a way of eating. With being a vegetarian or being Primal it really is about how you view what you eat, the chain of where it comes from, being an informed consumer. It also influences other decisions as well, such as movement and just life-sort of simplifying things. More a paradigm of sorts. Makes it easier.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Alright, so my house is a wreck! I don't mean, ooo I got a dust bunny under the couch or a newspaper on the ottoman, I mean there is stuff lying all over the place. My new laundry room with its lovely new shelves is done, and full, but I still have a ton of stuff I had managed to stuff into it that needs to go somewhere. Fine, whatever, I will, BUT we have friends coming for dinner tonight and tomorrow night. Which still would not be a big deal, but the table we would normally eat at is what my DS has been using as his homework desk. His school schedule is such that he has half his classes one day and the other half the next, alternating. Works out pretty well, has its advantages and disadvantages. But that means that some things are always on that table. Normally I would just move them to our breakfast nook table, but of course it is loaded down with stuff as well. So when I get home from work I am going to have to take more than a few trips to the basement. That will be my movement for today.

I rolled over on my back last night, which makes me snore no matter what device I am using, gonna have to figure out how to not do that. I also need to figure out how to get myself into bed by 9:30, the 5:30 wake up is a killer. I tend to relax in front of the tv with the boys and tend to get sucked into the next show. Last night was Mythbusters, which is great and ends at 9 here so that would work if I would get up and get ready for bed then, but then a new Penn & Teller show came on that looked interesting (it was ok, but not worth losing sleep over), which takes me to Jon Stewart. blah blah, gonna figure out a way to watch Jon Stewart without staying up. or just let him go....

So yesterday's food:

B: mocha (seriously I have for the last few days decided I would eat something with this and cut back to 1 scoop of protein, but then morning comes and my stomach says don't be silly I am not taking any food in right now, and I end up with the 2 scoops of protein powder. At some point in the not too distant future-when I 'finish' the leptin reset-i am going to ease off the powder and basically IF breakfast with the exception of coffee and cream. I just don't want to force food into my mouth when I am not hungry)

L: lettuce, salmon, avocado, chia seeds, oil, vinegar, tea, coconut milk, stevia

D: ground meat, steamed brussell sprouts with butter, creamed spinach with tomatoes
    Chris
    Unknown

My house we have an 8pm bedtime FOR EVERYONE.lol I took it to 7pm last night though. We do not get sucked in by TV anymore.. I dumped the dish (which is all we can get out here). So we have a couple shows we watch on the local channels and then TV off. LOL
    Karin

I wish! Unfortunately my husband is a horrible addict, if he is in the house it is on, and if it is on then ds is in front of it-like a moth to a flame. The noise drives me insane in the morning!

It is a strange thing, DH does not have a weight issue-goes to the gym nearly daily, and he eats pretty much what ever I make, although he has been trying to lose a few pounds so he has been keeping his dinner on the small side with the side effect that he is scavenging for food later in the day. Anyway, the strange part is that the example he sets for ds is he comes home has a couple of gins in front of the tv, eats dinner in front of the tv, falls asleep in front of the tv, then goes to bed late. So ds is trying to pick up those habits since he doesn't see the workout habit.
    Chris
    Unknown

yikes.. whats a mom to do??
    Karin

When TTOM is over (should be Sunday) and my iron has a chance to refill, we (DS and I) are going to start the 5 primal movements. Then DH and I are going to start taking an evening walk.

The tv is the bane of my existence.
    Chris
    Unknown

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    We gave ours up several years ago and do not miss it. I mean, why was I complaining that I didn't have time to get everything done or me time when every night I wasted four hours in front of the television? Do you know how much one person can do in four hours? Seriously, a bubble bath by candlelight with a glass of wine gives me much greater satisfaction!