Page 117 of 608 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 6072

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 117

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You ladies will be proud of me. I got my 9 different veggies in even while sick.
    you are a better woman than I
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yeah Paula!

Well dh agreed (sort of) that we should add the pad to the bed. I told him I wanted to be able to sleep in our room like we sleep in the spare room. So we chatted about what is different in the 2 rooms. The spare is darker (I need to put drapes on the bathroom window, which he doesn't want but I am going to do anyway-it has a pocket door and makes too much noise when opened during night time potty trips). The spare room has a bit noisier fan (gotta figure out a white noise machine for him). and the spare room has a softer bed (aha, mattress pad!)

I actually think that one of the main reasons we sleep better in the spare room is also because the bed is actually 2 twins covered with a memory foam pad as well as a 'feather bed' topper. But the 2 twins, in conjunction with the memory foam, keeps the other persons motion transfer to a minimum.

So Ruth, is it that you wake up and then can't fall back asleep, or that you have trouble falling asleep in the first place? Do you sleep better when you are in the bed by yourself? Maybe it is his sleep that is the issue?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

255.8 up .6

I am a creature of habit as regards my food. I could literally eat the same thing every day and be perfectly happy. So that is what I do for breakfast and lunch. Unfortunately for the past few days I have been thrown off my menu, as I did not plan properly for my lunch.

I eat soup for lunch every day. It is a beef, cabbage, tomato soup made with homemade beef bone broth. I ran out. (Dh eats 3 servings of it when he works at home which he did a lot last week) The bone broth has been taking 3 days in the crock pot. The soup takes a full day on the stove. Planning is required. I failed. I will not make this mistake again. I will make sure I have at least one container of broth in the freezer at all times. And when I get to 3 servings of soup left I will make a fresh pot.

My soup is on the stove finishing up right now. I am back to my preferred menu today. I have figured out a combination of foods for breakfast and lunch that allows some flexibility at dinner and that give me the nutrients I need for the fewest carbs and calories which generally results in a binge free existence that allows fat loss a general feeling of good health. I look forward to feeling good again.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I too could eat the same thing (and often do) for breakfast and lunch DH likes variety - something different everyday. It's hard to keep up with him sometimes

As far as my own sleep, I tend to have two problems. I'm a very light sleeper and feel like I'm not getting into the deep dream state and I wake up about 3:30 am and can't go back to sleep, no matter what time I go to bed. I fall asleep very easily and sleep well for 3-4 hours. It's this way whether DH is in the bed or not, and even when I'm traveling. I'm hoping some heaving lifting will help this problem. The kelp noodles seemed to have helped a little. 5 HTP - not sure that is doing anything...
    -- Ruth

The 5HTP seems to do best for me if I take it right as I go to sleep, not sure why. Well, I should be specific, I take my medication and supplements together and when I take them right at bed time I sleep better.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think you handled the bed/sleep conversation with your husband very well. Good for you.

Thanks, now wish me luck with the "BIG" discussion. We have actually scheduled it (on our calendars) for this Saturday, while DS is away.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I hope your discussion works out so it beneficial to all. Happy wife, happy life.. he knows this right??LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am not sure
    Chris
    Unknown

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Hope your talk goes well. I always try to start from a place of "you're doing the best you can with the knowledge you have" to give the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully once he hears how you feel he can "do better". Best of luck!