Page 115 of 610 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 6093

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 115

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ooh, sorry about yesterday. That's not fun. So glad you are feeling better today. Take care, and have a wonderful day!!! [I should have mentioned yesterday, I thought of you when I read the quote, since you are so positive, that's why I posted it in your journal]
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thanks!

It is interesting to hear what other people think about you. I don't generally think of myself as being a positive person, but I do try. So I really appreciate being thought of as positive.

I was talking to someone the other day and she actually said "I am amazed at how much you do, I am jealous". I was floored. I tend to think of myself as borderline lazy. Yes I do get some things done (nothing compared to what I used to be able to do) but I still spend a lot of time doing 'nothing' (by nothing I mean being on the computer or knitting=both mean sitting a lot).

p.s. I did get one of my lamps put together, finally, yesterday. here is a link to what they look like...Nuevo Living HGVF153 Cerebro Large Pendant - Lighting Universe
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    you lazy?? ummmm.. not LOL I read your weeks accomplishments and think, dang!! How does she do it?

Are you taking iodine? I can not remember and if I asked before I am sorry. I feel like a flake these days. Grizz, for what its worth, posted something about iodine helping with water retention and crap.. as I write this I remember I forgot my meds this morning.. including water pill..LOL

Glad you are feeling better though!! Horrible headaches just suck!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am eating a package of seaweed everyday with tuna at lunch. I am trying to avoid taking anymore pills. When I go to the doc next time, probably the end of April, I am going to have her do a test to see what-if any-vitamins or minerals I am low in. Given I have IBD the insurance will cover the costs, and there are a few deficiencies that are expected because of it. I will do a bit more research before I go in so I can be specific about which ones, but iodine will be one I have her check.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    That's what I'm doing with the kelp noodles. I'd just as soon try to eat it rather than take pills. May not always be possible, but that's my goal.
    -- Ruth

My whole foods didn't have the kelp noodles, looks like I will have to break down and order them. Probably order more of the gelatin as well.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    And, I am taking iodine supplements because I can't safely eat enough seaweed to get what I need. So we're all doing iodine, just differently.

Chris, good attitude on the weight gain. I have started putting 1/4 tsp. of sea salt in my morning water with acv because it is part of the iodine protocol to help with bromide detox. I have also had low BP recently. I am expecting wt. gain due to this change, but will accept it to improve overall health.

yep, I did think of you when I was putting down the chronicling eating food (instead of supplements). and actually when you said you thought your recent scare might be from supplement overload that is what reminded me of what my doc had said (probably 16 years ago now) and I cut my supplements in half. I used to take a day off, but now that I have a prescription I have to take daily it is easier to remember if I just plan to do everything at night.

Taking supplements can become a full time job! I had not heard the part about needing salt for the bromide detox, but the seaweed is 'lightly salted'.

Expecting the scale to show an increase should help a bit when it actually happens, but it still bites! Maybe if you increase your water you will be able to combat it?
    Chris
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Are you taking iodine? I can not remember and if I asked before I am sorry. I feel like a flake these days. Grizz, for what its worth, posted something about iodine helping with water retention and crap..
    p.s. I had a little 'run in' (for lack of a better way to put it) with Grizz- he gives me the willies-and so I don't read anything he writes any more.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    he does grate on my nerves but it was a link i saw i thought to mention..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.