Page 114 of 665 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 6645

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 114

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Some days, like today, I can look at the scale dispassionately. Other days, that box has way too much power. But, I keep tracking because over the long term, the data has been helpful. I can start to assemble some patterns. We're here to help keep the black box in perspective

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks.

I have started to put the scale results and my steps at the bottom of my myfitnesspal.com food track in the comments section. I don't like to input the exercise because it adds how many calories it thinks I earned and that is not what I think exercise is about. So in the comments section I put what I did for exercise, how many steps I got, and the next morning's scale result. Hoping that over time I can find a trend of what works and what doesn't.

I think I should probably add my sleep-quantity and quality. This week the only thing that changed is that I moved back into the master bedroom. And while my quantity is perfect, I am thinking that quality is not so great. And while it has not been bad enough to effect my activity level during the day, I don't feel especially energetic, and I have not increased food intake, which would be my normal response to being tired, the studies do show that hormonally poor quality of sleep negatively affects (effects?) weight loss.

Waiting to hear how Karin's fitbit is working and thinking about getting one just so I can follow the sleep issue.

p.s. I just checked my weight loss progress, since my birthday 11/11 I have lost 16 pounds in 15 weeks. And during that time I gained at Christmas and the week of my son's birthday. A pound a week is super, so I am going to stop complaining now. Thanks for all the support!
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-25-2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: add ps
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris: the fitbit has been shipped. Hopefully I will get it this next week and fill you in.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

A pound a week is totally awesome! I'll take some of that

I have found sleep quality to be a huge determining factor of weight loss. Mine is getting better, but I just know that if I could figure that out, I would really sing at this weight loss thing!

I think I am either going to have to add a memory foam pad to our bed or sleep in the spare room. In our bed I wake up with achy parts throughout the night. Shoulder, hip, arm, etc. Ours is pretty firm, and I suspect that a partner that doesn't sleep through the night doesn't help matters. But I think if I didn't ache I would probably not wake up when he gets in and out of the bed, since he does so very gingerly, he is trying not to disturb.

Unfortunately the pad I want costs almost as much as a new mattress. I will have to keep looking.

I can't wait to hear about the fitbit, I am probably as excited as you are!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

253.4 that is up .8 which today makes sense. I did a tad bit of overeating at dinner last night, as well as a bit of taste testing while preparing the dinner. I ate a piece of bread (not as good as I remember it), had a couple of crackers (also not as good as I remember it), had some cream cheese (not a problem) with Spicy Plum Chutney (here's the problem) on those crackers, and the salmon was roasted in maple syrup (the real thing) I also had 2 cake bites and who knows how much chocolate during the dipping process. Did not track a bit of it. I obviously went into the night with a WTF attitude.

But it is out of my system, and today is another day. I am in this for the long haul and not just for a number on a scale.

The sun is out, although it is cold, but I am going to do some work outside today, get some vitamin D.

I found some mattress pads that are way less expensive, and am planning to broach the issue with Dh. I don't really need super high end memory foam pad because our mattress is in good shape and it is a pillow top. So I am thinking a 3" with a "faux feather bed" topper (Dh's allergies would surely not be happy with a real feather bed topper). I need to keep the total height close to 4" or I will not be able to get sheets to fit.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Well now you know you do not enjoy the bread and crackers and maybe can avoid them in the future. I find I am that way with bread.. pizza crust is still iffy as it is good (although I personally feel like crap after)- not that I have done this for a while.

Good luck on the topper for the bed. Hopefully the hubs goes for it.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I saw this today and really liked it: "CTRL your fuel. ALT your attitude. DEL negativity." I use the computer a lot, so the CTRL, ALT, DEL sequence is used often, but not in this helpful way
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ruth, that is really cool.

Chris, I hope you get the sleep situation ironed out.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    256.6 up 3.

Oddly that does not bother me in the least today. There is absolutely no way I put on 3 pounds of fat in a day. Obviously water weight. Gotta totally cut out the salt and significantly increase fluids. I felt absolutely awful yesterday. Had planned to go outside and do a little yard work, but then got a massive headache (I NEVER get them, maybe 5 my whole life) and felt just crappy. So I laid down with a meditation tape and covered my eyes, and promptly fell asleep, for about 1 1/2 hours! I thought that would ruin my night's sleep but it had no effect. Went to bed at 10 and slept straight through. I am either getting used to the sleep issues or I was so tired I slept through them or maybe I was fighting something off anyway, last night was a great night's sleep.

Anyway, the nap helped a bit, but really felt just icky. So took it easy, had an omelet for dinner.

I feel much better today. And lucky for me the sun is supposed to be out again, so I will go for the outdoor work, later, once it warms up a tad.

Ruth, love it thanks!
    Chris
    Unknown