Page 113 of 661 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 6601

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 113

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yay for the weight loss, Chris!!!

I hear you on unfair and baffling. When we first went primal, DH and mom dropped a ton of weight, and they were still eating tons of primal treats while I was pretty strict. I slowly lost a few pounds. I read the MDA success stories, and it seems likes it's so much easier for them. It seems like everyone else can still eat more fat than me (and dairy!) and do well. I don't know why I'm different. But, don't guess we can do much to change things. I try to give thanks that I've found primal eating - at least I'm not hungry (I would love a little more fat...and dairy, how I miss thee...but I'm not hungry). I'm also very healthy. I'm fairly confident that if I remain diligent, I'll be able (for once) to maintain a health weight.

I know it's not much of a consolation prize, but that's all I've got to offer Keep up the good work!!!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, I know there is no point in dwelling on it. Nothing is going to change it. And you are right I am at least grateful that I have discovered a healthy way to lose the fat and not have to feel like I am starving or fighting off binge urges all day long every day. There isn't anything I really miss (well, being able to literally just eat junk-homemade cake with buttercream frosting- would be easier, although I suspect I would tire of it). I do feel confident I will do it this time and this is the last time I will have to lose weight, and that my attention will, hopefully reasonably soon, be turned to maintenance. I can't say I have ever felt that before.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    chemistry and calculus are my only explanations. That we are all human is a given, but we are all uniquely chemical. It sucks.. I agree. BTW.. I could do some buttercream too..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

For my son's birthday he wanted one of my cakes with my homemade frosting. He didn't care what flavor as long as it was one of mine. He didn't ask for anything else. It was, I swear (unfortunately) the best batch of buttercream I have ever made. Ate way too much, and gained, but oh it was worth it. What the heck, right, every once in a blue moon you gotta live a little. I got nothing on the horizon that will mess me up for a while-spring break we are going to visit my parents and they are watching what they eat and very supportive of whatever I am doing so that will be easy.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I want one for my birthday too!!
    Karin

252.6 no change. It is sad to be doing 'everything' right and see no change on the scale. When I get under 250 I am scheduled to do another set of measurements. But my clothes feel like I am at a standstill as well.

I know that I am doing well. I have been getting very close to my target protein grams (170), and my carbs while going over my target (38g) have been under when I do net carbs because my fiber is hovering around 25g which is where I physically feel the best. My fat has been a bit under my target of 75g which means my calories are sometimes a tad low (shooting for 1500, hitting between 1350 and 1550). I am not unduly hungry, nor am I snacking or binging.

I have doubled my movement and hit over 11,000 steps most days where I was having trouble getting to 6,000 before I started the treadmill.

I am going to stay the course for a week, then reevaluate.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, hang in there. You often remind me that weight loss is not linear I think there are little tweaks that might help, but no need to try those if you continue to to see downward trends in a week. I think measurements are good, but they are hard as well. The other day, I noticed how thin my forearms are looking. There seems to be less fat around my ankles. Of course, I don't take measurements in either of those places. Could be that fat is moving from places we don't often notice.

Keep at it girl. You and I just need to keep at it. It will happen and I so agree with fat in other locations. My neck and my feet look great! I notice you tend to lose fat where you notice it not-so-much. I wish losing weight were linear.. we would have no trouble then.
    Karin

thanks guys. The odd thing is that yesterday I caught myself in the mirror several times at different angles and thought now that looks thinner, and my face this morning looked thinner, I was just caught off guard by the scale. I have to re-evaluate my attitude toward the scale I think. I had it for quite a while where I just felt it was another piece of information, but the last couple of days, when I feel I am on task and it doesn't show it, makes me feel a little downhearted.

I am thinking I have been sliding a bit on fluids so I will kick that back up a notch and see if it is that simple (wouldn't that be nice).
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll echo the other ladies. You are doing so well. I think sometimes analyzing the data can make us a little crazy.