Page 112 of 547 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 5463

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 112

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I clean to avoid other jobs too. The funny thing is that once I buckle down, the thing I was avoiding is never as bad as I've built it up to be. Hopefully, you will find the same to be true

Tried on my new clothing finds and they were way too small - like Jr sizing. I returned the jeans and t-shirt but kept the jacket. This stuff makes me crazy as these pants and shirts were right next to ones I've previously bought and am wearing

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I just bought a pair of brown pants, same style, same brand as 2 pair I own. fit is totally different, gotta take them back, it is not about being cut smaller and I will get into them when I lose, they are just cut differently.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Love reading about the clothes shopping!! I need pics though!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

253 down .6

I got 1 window of drapes complete, 3 to go. I decided to do one a day. After this I have promised both of my children (what the heck was I thinking) to make a quilt out of their t-shirts. We have been saving them for years, since they were toddlers really. But, that will be a labor of love, hoping I won't mind the sewing so much there.

My lamps came in, they are going to be so cool. Bad news is they need to be assembled! It will take forever. There are 17 ribs and a 7' strip gets wound back and forth onto each one. And there are 2 lamps. Those will not be up in time for company on Saturday. But they look so cool, and for some reason I don't mind doing this.

Thinking I just need to decide that sewing is not so bad.

So I just reread the Psychology chapter. I think I hit the mark on pretty much all of it, except in my connection to food. This chapter asks that I ...

-Have a compelling vision (I do visualizations to fall asleep)
    -Set goals (I do this for both long and short term)
    -Increase level of self-efficacy (I think by cutting back on the number and magnitude of changes I try to make I am increasing my belief in my ability to achieve my goals)
    -Journal (got it)
    -get timely feedback (between the scale and you guys I think this is covered)
    -cultivate a more rational and flexible thinking pattern (I have grown so much with this since I started Primal)
    -get help from others (thanks you guys!)
    -keep stress levels down (I have very little stress in my life)
    -define your obstacles and find ways to overcome them-----aha might have to work on this one.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-22-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: add stuff
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Great Job on the drapes. I think it is smart to break the job up into smaller pieces.

The Psychology Chapter is one of the shining stars of the SPEED program. Maybe that is what I should tell Matt when I email him. My 3 month Check in is on Saturday, so I'll report in to him then.

totally agree, I think there are parts of the Diet chapter that lean toward the eat less move more lose weight mantra. Personal experience tells us this is just not the case, just not that simple. Honestly if it was this simple there would not be a kabillion dollar industry selling diet aids.
    Chris
    Unknown

I am exhausted. My brain hurts, I am so tired. I have been sleeping in the spare room to get away from Dh's snoring. Moved back into the master while he was away and last night was the first night in a long time we slept in the same bed. He isn't snoring anymore, but now I have to get used to someone else in the bed. I was actually thinking that maybe we should switch out our mattress for the 2 twins in the spare room. I would still use the same bed frame/headboard/footboard we have but just put the mattresses next to each other without actually touching. That way I would not feel all his movements and vice versa. Couple of problems with it, the twins are 4" shorter than the king, and he would never do it, but a girl can dream. I don't like sleeping in separate rooms, mentally it just doesn't feel right.
    Chris
    Unknown

253.2 up .2

I think I was on task yesterday, so I have no explanation as to why it didn't drop dramatically. I was tired but I still got in over 10,000 steps, no snacking, all primal, over 9 fruits and veggies. Got my fluids in, not TTOM. Obviously, I can still eat too much even if I still follow all of my rules and goals. And so I will be working on portions this week.

This is not as hard as it would have been in the past. Breakfast, everything is already measured going into the smoothie. Lunch, the soup and tuna are pre-measured, so I just need to weigh the veggies. I tend to be generous with the carrots and they are a tad high in carbs. For dinner, the BAS that I eat is, I am sure, no problem as it is all low carb veggies, but I suspect I am overly generous with the protein often. Especially in cases like last night when I make something with ground meat. Last night it was a big pan of ground meat with fresh salsa and spices. Certain I was overly generous with that.

The thing I consider my major obstacle is that I cannot stop eating until my plate is clear. Not just that but that I like to eat big portions. So I can slow down and savor the food all I want, and even take note of the fact that I have had enough to eat, but that doesn't stop me from continuing to eat. The problem is not missing the cues it is ignoring them.

So since the "slow down and savor" didn't really solve my problem, I will measure and weigh. Just start with less on the plate. But weighing and measuring it will let my brain know I didn't 'cheat' myself out of any of my allotted food. This last sentence also tells me that I still have work to do with regard to a rational way of thinking about food. (eat to live not live to eat, etc.)
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am exhausted. My brain hurts, I am so tired. I have been sleeping in the spare room to get away from Dh's snoring. Moved back into the master while he was away and last night was the first night in a long time we slept in the same bed. He isn't snoring anymore, but now I have to get used to someone else in the bed. I was actually thinking that maybe we should switch out our mattress for the 2 twins in the spare room. I would still use the same bed frame/headboard/footboard we have but just put the mattresses next to each other without actually touching. That way I would not feel all his movements and vice versa. Couple of problems with it, the twins are 4" shorter than the king, and he would never do it, but a girl can dream. I don't like sleeping in separate rooms, mentally it just doesn't feel right.
    what about a temperpedic?? They are pricey but you would not feel anything!! Serta has a knock off called icomfort or something. More reasonable and to be honest the fabric that makes the matress is better than the temperpedic.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

PrimalCon New York
    the spare bed upstairs is 2 twins, over which I have laid one of those egg crate foams, then a 3" memory foam pad, then a feather bed mattress cover. It is wonderful. I am going to slowly broach the subject of switching that for ours downstairs. Even he admits it is wonderful. The one we sleep on was very pricey and is fairly new, and is supposed to have individual coils so you can't feel each other's movement. But the configuration I have upstairs is heavenly. I could try to just add a memory foam on top of what we have, but finding sheets that tall would be a chore, but may be worth it. Gotta think on that.
    Chris
    Unknown