Page 110 of 609 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 6088

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 110

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yup.. its miserable.. then the wind whips up and its like living in a convection oven.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    so I am up again today, and I remind myself that women who are put on metabolic wards lose weight, apparently even if it is TTOM or they are in the early stages of menopause. Although I have not actually seen a study that shows this precisely.

Had to pick up some scrubs for the DD and ran across a dress I have always wanted. It is really a Christmas party dress, princess lines, emerald green, from Coldwater Creek. Could never bring myself to pay the $125 (at the time)price and kept saying "when I lose weight, I will get it" well I was at Goodwill for heavens sake, it was $7.99 and in a size 16, slightly snug but wearable fit. I will be too small for it by the time Christmas rolls back around, but I am thinking my new belt, and new black boots, and my denim jacket and I can wear it to the party we have to go to the first weekend of March. Hope it doesn't get too warm to wear it. I also got a peach linen skirt, Talbots, for $4.29. It will go perfectly with the new top I got that is a deep peach/salmon color, again the belt and the denim jacket.

A denim jacket is almost a uniform here in Nashville. We don't dress all country like the stars, but a denim jacket, and a pair of nice boots are essential here.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow, Great buys! I love getting deals on clothes.

well, I don't think it is fair to blame this on anything, like nutritional deficits or TTOM, but will power. This is the one time that I actually think it is about will power....I had to make a dozen cake bites, as a sort of apology for my son's coach (a mistake I made created extra work for him). So I made a few extra for the boys, and 2 for me. No big deal, a bit high in carbs and of course not at all primal, but planned. the problem is the tasting of the chocolate. It wasn't much, but, I know I am going to do it if I don't put the mask on, and yet, I don't put the mask on. Akrasia, as Mark would say.

my tummy doesn't feel great anymore;~( well it didn't feel great before I started either-its TTOM. I always hated when someone says I ate a bite of bread and felt like crap all day. Basically I think, oh come on if your body is so maladapted you would be dead. But now, I can say that while I don't feel like crap, it is not the same way I have been feeling when eating my 9 fruits and veggies everyday. Not during or after. And yet, I keep doing it?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

had to sit through a rifle match this morning. It was at a private boys school, and they have a new range, all electronic. Hoity Toity! But at least faster, no target pick up between positions, saves time. Had coffee and HWC for breakfast and I did not wake up in enough time to do the treadmill, will now have to force myself to do it this afternoon.

Got home from work yesterday and the sun was out, so I quick ate lunch and went out and did some yard work. It was chilly but nice. The ground was wet so it was a good day to get some weeding in. Having a warm winter has allowed more weeds. Not a lot of steps, but lots of bending/stooping/reaching/pulling, stayed out for a little over an hour before the tips of my fingers started to feel numb from the cold ground. I saw a beautiful idea on Pinterest to do succulents as the plants in my rock garden, now excited to do it. As soon as the nursery opens, should be in the next week or two, I am off to get a tray of a variety, so I can get color contrast with the grass.
    Chris
    Unknown

253, TOM

We have company coming for dinner on Saturday. It just occurred to me that this is the deadline I needed to finish sewing the drapes. It comes at the perfect time since DH is out of town for part of the week. So it is unlikely I will be getting my 10,000 steps a day, hard to sit all morning at work then sit and sew drapes all afternoon and still get in 5 miles of walking. I will still be getting on the treadmill every morning, but that only gets me a little over half way there, the rest is the incidental movement which I think is just as important as it is teaching me to stop being so sedentary.

The other thing I did this week was to sit down and figure out which series of photos on my computer I could put together to make a panoramic for over my bed. I finally hit on 8 I took of the lighthouse and around to the beach at St. George Island. They don't fit perfectly as I took the photos before I had a camera with a panoramic setting. But I had taken countless photos and I like the way these 8 piece together. It is not a perfect succession and some piece atop the next and some piece under. Now I just need to have the photos printed in probably an 11x17 size and mount and frame them and I will finally have art over the bed in my master bedroom. We have only been in this house for 7 years!
    Chris
    Unknown

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Glad you have a deadline to get that drape monkey off your back! Some projects just need to get done or go away! Awesome job on the clothes finds too. I love cold water creek, but rarely go in because I will buy something fabulous! I have some hand me downs from there from my sister and always get compliments on them. Now I'm thinking about going to the thrift store...

They closed our Cold Water Creek this year, so I can still find them at the thrift store but other than that I gotta do catalog, not so much impulse there!

on a carb thing today. high for me, still pretty low though (under a 100 total for the day, and I have 20g of fiber so not horrible), but I am not used to it and it feels so heavy on the belly. I wanted something sweet after lunch, so I added some chocolate stevia liquid to about 1/2 C of some fresh whole milk ricotta I found. So yummy, I like it better than ice cream.

Got my contractor's trash bag full for this week (goal of 1 a week to clean out the basement), so tomorrow it is on to the drapes. The Lampshades apparently came in on Friday after I left work, so DS and I will be putting those together this week as well. So excited!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay! for household project success.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    How cool about your clothing finds. Actually, you inspired me and I headed over to goodwill and found some awesome things including an Ann Taylor jacket, Talbots blouse, and j Jill sweater. Good stuff.

Sending you positive vibes on the blinds....