Page 108 of 650 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 6497

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 108

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, I think if my husband took the test for himself he would be pretty equal in words, touch and time.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    pretty sure mine would get maybe a 1 or 2 on everything except service.

I just took it online...

8 words of affirmation
    7 quality time
    2 receiving gifts
    2 acts of service
    11 physical touch

May be skewed because I feel so touch deprived though?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I should be working, not reading journals & taking quizzes

7 affirmation
    10 quality time
    3 gifts
    9 service
    1 touch

Gotta get him to do this (though I know what his answer is).

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    This is so not what I should be doing today . . .

8 Words of Affirmation
    8 Quality Time
    4 Receiving Gifts
    5 Acts of Service
    5 Physical Touch

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    DH is just about equal between touch, service, and time. He's a good sport!

Now come on, what could you possibly do that is more important than this?

Dh would NEVER take a quiz like this, NEVER, not even as a joke!

BTW, Panda, LOVE love love your writing, wish I could do half as well as you do with the English language!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yay, the Panda has arrived! Love your journal.

Chris, I wonder if I am service because I am not getting much help around the house from my men.

I actually talked to my husband about the love languages. It was in response to his correcting my eating ettiquette at the restaurant. Truth is, I was never taught the finer points by my parents, but I am not a heathen. Anyway, I got a little peeved at him and went silent for a while. On the way home I talked about how I am service and words of affirmation where I believe he is touch and time. I told him that I loved all the wonderful things he did for me today, but when he criticizes my behavior it is unecessary and hurtful. I think he actually got it. We had a nice talk. He comes from a very critical background and that at times clashes with my live and let live way. I feel he is too uptight. He feels that I am too laid back.

DH and I are much the same, except my hubs has learned not to criticize, well except when I am driving but that is another story. It is good that you had a chance to let him know that the critical comments are unnecessary and hurtful and unlikely to change anything but your attitude. My husband is from a German background and has all the stereotypes of rigidity that brings, and my family is Mediterranean and have all the stereotypes of the loud boisterous out going type that that brings. Funny thing is that is part of what attracted us to each other in the first place, and is a huge part of how our lives have been so successful since. BUT, there are times...
    Chris
    Unknown

WT 251.6. down .6, and below the 252 that was the high weight of both my pregnancies. I seem to have got this figured out for now...10,000 steps and at least 9 different veggies (on top of the other things I had already instituted) seems to be the ticket. Now if I could just get into bed by 9:30 I suspect that my losses would go a bit quicker. Maybe that will give me something to work on the next time I hit a plateau.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    WT 251.8 up .2, the loss cannot be linear the body does not work that way!

Things that I did yesterday that probably didn't help...

I had coffee instead of tea, twice, just cause I wanted something creamy, but that is extra calories and not as good a job at water reduction.

I have to eat dinner late on Wednesday. 8:30 by the time I get home and get it prepared. Makes it even harder to think about going to bed at 9:30.

I had a serving of raw almonds after dinner, not really hungry but wanted the crunch.

Net result of the day...not nearly enough fluids and too many calories, oh and in bed way too late (11 instead of 9:30)

So odd that after all I have stopped eating and started doing that getting into bed on time seems to be my biggest struggle right now! It seems obvious that this has to do either with something inside of me that wants to hold onto the weight, Because while in the past I can now say that while I thought I knew what I needed to do, I did not have the whole true story. But now I believe I do, and while I seem to have found a combination that works well for me, the sleep issue remains illusive. And it is really about just getting in bed right now, as my quality is wonderful....

or the Akrasia that Mark is talking about. Gonna go back and reread the article on it and see if I can figure out how to over ride it.
    Chris
    Unknown