Page 107 of 652 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 6514

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 107

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    YEAH for new clothes!! I wish we had a consignment shop!!! I did not hear about your toe! Ouch!! Hope it is feeling better this week.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh my goodness, you were busy without us. Hurray for the weightloss. Sorry about the toe. I have been trying to have one veg with each meal. Today I had beets and cabbage with lunch.

I got my veggies for dinner.. sad to say that is the most veggies I have had in days..
    Karin

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The beauty of doing the treadmill early is that I already have my 6,000 steps for today. I may have to push that goal upward a bit.
    I use my treadmill M-F and am usually on it by 7am. When I started my journey on 1/1/2009 I started with 5 minutes. In 2011 I put over 1100 miles on my 15+ year old machine. I bought a new treadmill after Christmas when my old one started telling me it didn't have the ability to keep up. I've done 157 miles this year.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I use my treadmill M-F and am usually on it by 7am. When I started my journey on 1/1/2009 I started with 5 minutes. In 2011 I put over 1100 miles on my 15+ year old machine. I bought a new treadmill after Christmas when my old one started telling me it didn't have the ability to keep up. I've done 157 miles this year.
    I plan to get on the treadmill every day, I do better when I don't skip days. I started with 30 minutes at the beginning of last week, worked up to 35 because I didn't want to stop the movie mid-song, and I did 40 minutes today. I think if I do 45 it gives me my 5 hours of movement a week, then everything else I do is just icing on the cake. eee, maybe I need a better expression....just the cherry on top.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Wt 252.2, down .4 I'll take it, .4 every day is 2.8 a week, I would love that!!!

So today is a discussion of LOVE...it being St. Valentine's Day and all....

So the 5 love languages. I have decided that not only do we each have a love language in which we can recognize that the other person is trying to tell us they love us, but we have a love language which we use to tell others we love them.

The love language I use to tell others that I love them is basically service with a smidge of giving. The giving generally being something I made or did, and so I think really primarily service.

I think this probably works out pretty well for my husband, because it seems his love language, the one in which he recognizes someone else is saying they love him is ...service.

But the love language I recognize as someone telling me they love me is physical touch. And that runs the entire spectrum, basically any purposeful touch counts.

Unfortunately that is not the language that DH uses to show love. And actually, since I feel so deprived of it, I can't even tell you what he uses to show love, I am so focused on the lack of physical touch. This is not purposeful, but it is hard to ignore a big pink elephant in the middle of the room.

So since I feel deprived of that affection and intimacy, I tend to withhold (not consciously) the services he would recognize. They are quite simple really, but I just don't think to do them, it makes me fell like the maid, don't love that. Doesn't feel like I am showing him I love him, just that I have to do this so he we can get along.

So, how do you let someone know? Yes I have told him, that doesn't work, at least not the way I told him I guess. Plus it starts to feel like begging, not a good feeling.

As to the ED. His doc has him on statins, but the problem started before that. So while I don't think they are helping him, it is not the whole issue. His doc tested his testosterone, apparently it is within the normal range. Not sure what that means, but I plan to make up a list of possible tests and their results and that will be one I ask about.

Sure his vitamin D was not tested, or that he was tested for anemia. Sure they didn't test nitric oxide, or potassium. He does drink nightly, and he is in a high stress job.

And I have a list of possible nutritional supplements including the amino acid arginine, bioflavonoids, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin E, and flaxseed meal have been used to improve erectile function.

I am making a list, to chat about so that he can talk to his doc about it.

The thing is that this is obviously a health issue, not just a relationship one. Something is not right, need to figure out what it is.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Is there a quiz to find your love language?
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Karin, I just took the quiz online. There are a couple of choices on Google. I am Service and my husband is Physical Touch. HMMMM

the thing I find so interesting is that I show love in a different way than I want to receive it. I show love by doing and making things for people, I receive it physically. When the kids were little, the three of us would be a pile on the couch in front of the tv or reading a book. My kids still put their feet on my lap, or at least are bumped up against me, when watching tv, or if we are reading/knitting in the same room.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So found the quiz.. my results were
    7 words of affirmation
    7 quality time
    2 receiving gifts
    6 acts of service
    8 physical touch

looks like I want it all but the gifts LOL.. I do like presents though..
    Karin