Shop Now
    Way to go Chris!
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I used to be known for my yummy baking skills, but have all but given this up. I figure that if I should not eat it then I should not be feeding it to others. I now make almond flour chocolate chip cookies sweetened w/ honey and stevia or chocolate dipped strawberries for such occasions.

I used to make stuff for bake sales, but now just make a $ donation since I don't want their goodies and they would sell mine for less than it cost to make them. It really has been a tough shift for me and sometimes I feel a little guilty for not "playing along", but society has gone a little nuts with this stuff. We've all been fed lies and judged for being obese, well let them judge me as nutty, but atleast I am healthier.

And I know the cookies you tried to make all too well - while I don't care much for them, they ar my Hubby and kids favorite treat.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You inspired me to start on my treadmill. It was only 20 minutes (I had a 45 min walk with the dogs and husband later), but it all adds up. I'm thinking I'll use that time to really work on an incline so that I'm (hopefully) ready for hiking this summer!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think I will stay with the 30 minutes a day and start to add incline as I get into better shape. I have an old very low end treadmill I got for free from a friend who wanted to get it out of her bedroom. It doesn't get to a speed that would be considered a jog, so I will have to go with the incline.

I have decided for potlucks I will sign up for salad, I have a fantastic salad I make, so it is a great option. I was asked to contribute to a breakfast goodies brunch once and provided a big urn of coffee. I do 1 bake sale a year, it is one of only 2 fund raisers our church youth do, to raise money for their mission trips. One is the pumpkin patch where they sell pumpkins for a month, and I hate taking shifts for that. So for the bake sale I bake a cake that looks like a sun hat, complete with frosting flower on the brim. And I use the leftover batter to make cupcakes which I pipe roses on top of. Last year they got a $100 for the cake and $5 a cupcake. So it was worth it. Someone else already does the dipped strawberries. But if I only do it once a year, and actually only have to do it once more since DS graduates next year, I can live with that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry if I sounded preachy - I'm just having my own issues with junk food. We just celebrated my son's B-day yesteday with pizza, those cookies you were trying to replicate and ice cream. I was trying to make rice crispy treats on a stick shaped like a rocket and decorated with candy (my son loves spaceships) and they were a disaster. I felt so embarrassed shopping the candy isle I swear I would rather have bought the store out of condoms and KY!

I did not eat any of the B-day food, but felt like a "hypotwit" as Tweety bird would say feeding that "poison" to the kids and their parents. My 2 paleo buddies left with their kids after the gym time, but before the junk food - this worked really well for them.

Oh and your cake sounds wonderful! I've never made an item that pulled in $100 from a bake sale!

Nope, you didn't sound preachy at all. The hat is not that amazing, but it looks like effort went into it, and it is homemade Lemon Lavendar with Lavendar buttercream. the Lavendar comes from my garden. The woman who mans the booth really talks that up.

Food for birthdays is such an ingrained thing. It is just that when I was a kid that was the only time we got it. And my grandmother made the pizza, crust and all, from scratch. We only celebrated the kids birthdays, of course there were 12 grandkids, then Christmas, and Easter, and Thanksgiving. But we did not do pizza and donuts every Sunday and Wednesday in church. Or give pizza parties to celebrate students doing what they are supposed to do in school.

I had cupcakes last night. Yes that is plural. But a bite into the first one and I decided the cake wasn't worth the calories, so licked the icing off and threw away the cake, then took another thinking, I dunno, the cake would be better in it? But 2 bites into the second one my virtuous voice basically said....sure you can say WTF since the number on the scale doesn't seem to be able to be manipulated in a negative direction, but you are going to feel like crap...so I actually threw it away.

WT this morning 257.6 so it is only up .2 this morning. But all the cake and cupcakes and cookies and cookie dough are gone. I am back on track today, 70g of protein for breakfast, 3 meals no snacking, and 9 fruits and veggies. All while staying within my calorie and macro limits. I am actually excited to be back on track. I am shooting to be in the 240's, so the push is on.

I will have to IF lunch today. I am going straight from work to the high school to volunteer for 4 hours. Mostly I will be knitting. I am just in a room where students will be prepping their Oral presentations.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ode to the cupcake...love your debating and winning on the cupcake episode. I do consider it a win, when you pitched it

I am shooting for 260's.. you are shooting for 240's.. so close!!

Have a good day today. Good luck with the IF.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yay for throwing away the cupcake!!! That's hard for me, even if it's bad. Glad you are back on track. I need to keep that moto for today.

I aiming for the 140s, though can't seem to move out of the high 160s

Karin, at the rates we are going you will definitely catch up to me!

Ruth, I couldn't hit and maintain 140 unless I cut off an arm or a leg! I hit it once in High School, for a day. 160 is about what I can hit and maintain.

Actually, throwing away the cupcakes was a win, but I was so full all night it didn't feel like it.
    Chris
    Unknown

Wt 256.4 down 1.2 more importantly I had 10,094 steps on my pedometer yesterday!

I sat for 4 hours in a classroom yesterday, basically timing students prepping for an oral exam. Couldn't leave, so didn't drink. I never caught up on my fluids and I feel puffy today. Not sure how you teachers do it!

I was knitting the swim suit coverup for my mom, figuring I could get a lot done in 4 hours. Well at hour 3 1/2 I found an error early on in the piece and had to rip it out. I am thinking I may not be cut out to do lacy knitting. This is essentially the 8th time I have started over! I have learned a lot though and am confident that was the last redo, I hope. The yarn was not cheap, it is from Croatia-where my mom's parents were from-so I want it to be perfect. I do have to remind myself that sometimes I let perfect be the enemy of very good.

I also didn't get to the EM's but will have time to after work today, so no problem. I am going to add in 4 intervals, to start, of 10 seconds on 5 seconds off of high intensity movement. I am thinking either running in place, lifting my knees really high or up and down stairs. I am clutzy though, so I am leaning toward the high knees, I have fallen down (and up) stairs several times.

My goal for the basement is fill one contractor's trash bag a week. Wednesday is trash pick up, so I now have until next Wednesday to fill a bag. I think someone is going to have to walk me upstairs with a gun to my head to keep me on task sewing those darn curtains!

eek, 7am I have an appointment with a treadmill
    Chris
    Unknown