Page 103 of 606 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 6056

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 103

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    For me the thing about bacon is that it is processed, unless you make it yourself (which my grandmother did). And yes I think Atkins, without the bars, shakes and candy can be quite healthy. But for me it is work to listen to someone who is talking about their new low fat food find, or how much they get to eat now that they just killed them self at the gym and not say anything. Of course if I was visibly healthy (as opposed to obese) it would give me a stronger argument.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    For a while, I followed Atkins '72 which was his first book. The plan was pretty much whole foods, pre frankenstuff.

The first time I ever went low carb was when I did Atkins back in April. I lost about 20 pounds on it, and then I started to question the pushing of the frankenstuff. That is how I ended up at Primal.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I have the '72 book - it was my grandma's. I ended up Primal/Pale for same reasons!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    At H2o aerobics we talk about what we eat. When they learn I do not eat grains I get "What DO you eat then??!!" and "How can you LIVE?!" LOL.. When I explain the details they are like.. oh I could never do that. I need my pasta, I need my dairy, I need my.... etc.

I just shake my head. I really think it being "hard" is in their head. Sure, getting used to it can be tough INITIALLY but c'mon.. really??!

I was trying adkins and the no white diet last spring.. then I found MDA. I have not looked back
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

257.4 up.

Last night I made a conscious decision to have a piece of cake. It was just the 3 of us for the super bowl so I just made chicken strips and laid out cut veggies and some dips (homemade ranch is the one I used). So that was great.

There was almost half of a 6" cake left and we still have a dozen cupcakes. A few times in the past 2 days I would walk by the cupcakes and think about just licking the icing off of a few of the ones that got messed up when the carrier tipped on the way home. So I decided that it would be best to just go ahead and have a small piece. It was still very good, I savored every morsel. Put my fork down between each bite and really tasted it. It took quite a while to eat and when I was done, well that was it, I was done. I saved myself from doing something stupid like eating the icing off the rest of the cupcakes and then tossing them and telling the boys I took them to work or they were stale so I tossed them or what ever. No ill effects, except I feel a little puffy in the face today. And now I can move on.

I spent a couple of hours clearing out the basement yesterday and the day before. Our basement is the size of our home, except for the part that is the garage. It is not actually finished, but it is concrete, and it is water tight and humidity controlled. We have one section I painted the walls turquoise and threw down a big rug and the kids used that as a hang out space. I cleaned that out. It is still a hang out space but all the excess stuff is gone. And I started work on my "craft" shelves. 2 hours and a giant garbage bag later and you can barely tell I did anything!

Today I am off to get another set of shelves for DH's brew stuff and fish tank stuff, and an armoire for DS to put his air rifle stuff in. Then I would like to work on the curtains for the living room for an hour a day, and clearing the basement for an hour a day. This will get easier real soon because DH will be in and out of town for most of February. I get so much done when he is gone!

I did get on the treadmill for 30 minutes yesterday. That is about my mental limit on it for now, but I think a reasonable start. I plan to do that every day at 7am. The good thing about the treadmill is that it is not weather dependent and I don't have to change clothes, I can walk in my pj's. Also I can watch a part of a movie and continue it the next day. Doing this made me more active the rest of the day too.

So I am right back on track, no excuses, just finding solutions. I have just under 100 pounds to lose and I would really like to do it this year.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'm proud of you for the way you enjoyed the cake. That's what I need to do when I do. Sit down and enjoy it, instead of sneaking it like I'm shamed (and as if my body isn't going to know what I did).

Yay for the treadmill. I need to use mine more. Actually, if it didn't trip off the internet, I would probably walk on it during the day some. Need to think about to fix this problem and get to walking more...

It trips off your internet? then do you have to flip a breaker, or reset the internet connection? weird.

Did my 30 this morning. Going for a slow and steady increase in health with this. I also plan to add a sprint of sorts on my EM day. I am going to jog in place for 10 seconds on 5 seconds off, for a total of one minute. Then I will increase the "on" and decrease the "off".
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Love the goal!! yeah for the treadmill.. now inspire me to get on..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

The beauty of doing the treadmill early is that I already have my 6,000 steps for today. I may have to push that goal upward a bit.
    Chris
    Unknown