Page 102 of 651 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 6507

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 102

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Here's the version my family loves the best: Paleo Bread - Healthy Gluten Free Bread Recipe | Elana's Pantry. I think it tastes good...but, like I said, too much during weight loss mode. Easy, too.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yeah, I was never any good at the oopsie either, and it tasted too eggy.

We were never big bread eaters so it is not something I really worry about much. The one from Elana's Pantry looks like it is worth a shot though. Thanks
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I don't intend to eat it. I am still looking for the bread recipe that will finally make my child Gluten Free. After reading 'Wheat Belly", I am all the more convinced that I need to get him off wheat. I have changed out everything else, but he eats PB & J every day.

I need a tall thin bread pan that will make it look more like real bread. Off to Amazon...

Give the bread a try for your son. I'd eat it, even if I didn't have gluten problems. I'd even serve it to guests!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    yeah for the down low..

Spinach in smoothies is awesome.. when I was having smoothies that is what I did. I tried to do those powdered greens and I am sorry, even in a smoothie I gagged. Spinach is different!!

Your salads sound divine!! love the poppyseed dressing recipe!! thats a keeper!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I bought the smaller bread pan recommended by the recipe creator. I will attempt the bread next weekend. I also bought Mark's 21 day transformation because I want to loan it to friends.

So far my transformation must not be inspiring enough for people to actually change what they do. When asked I usually say I get all my carbs from veggies and fruits. When pressed and I explain, so far, everyone has a look of disbelief when they find out it translates to no processed foods, sugar, flour or grains at all. My parents are the only ones who have been supportive, and that is because they sort of ended up nearly Primal accidentally. They have spent their lives losing weight, and in the past 3 years have been successful at slowing doing it (I think they each lost something like 75 pounds)adding the good stuff and taking out the not so good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I don't think it's inspiration so much as people seem unwilling to give up food. I've lost 80 pounds, and everyone always wants to know what I've done. But, as soon as I tell them how I eat, they think "it's impossible". Not sure why. I have concluded it's a mental shift that most people aren't willing to accept. Someday, perhaps, when they are desperate enough?

Wt. 256 up 1.2.

Well, yesterday's foray into baking was not totally successful. DD loves the cookies from the grocery, the sort of cake like sugar cookies with the frosting on top. So she has been trying to duplicate them unsuccessfully. So I thought I would give it a try to send them over with DH when he flies over tomorrow. I slightly over baked them, and I didn't taste any, so I don't know how close they came, but they don't look the same. I did however taste the batter. Logically I know that I need the wear the surgical mask when I bake, but I keep 'testing' myself. I don't know why. If I wear the mask I do not taste. It is as simple as that. And yet, even when I had the mask out on the counter to wear, I didn't put it on. Even after the first time I took a taste, I didn't put it on. Now I feel confident I did not eat as much of the dough as I would have normally, but I did eat some. The equivalent of a big cookie. But following on the heals of the frosting charade, I see a trend. And so I am packing up my baking stuff and moving it to the basement shelves. From now on, for all events/potlucks/what ever, that I have to take a dish it will be the poppy seed salad-or some version of it. People will eventually forget that I made fantastic cake balls, and incredible icing, or at the very least I will forget the tricks that made them fantastic.

p.s. we cross posted...I can say, to be fair, when a friend of mine told me she was going gluten free a few years ago, I was aghast. She is a bit of a hypochondriac, so my thoughts were not nice. She has not stuck with it, but now I realize I was being judgmental and ill informed. Glad I didn't say anything to her, just listened and asked questions.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-05-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Actually, that's very true. I girl (who I really found inspiring) kept posting about MDA. I kept looking at and couldn't accept it. I thought it was probably "unhealthy", "like Atkins", although I had never really done research. I just "assumed" everyone was eating loads of bacon, no green stuff, and skipping good food. I think even Atkins (especially the older versions, and if you skip all the bars) can be healthy. People just only think of induction and bacon (at least, that's what I thought). I hope that I'm open-minded enough to continue to consider new information. It's hard, though, because I feel so very good eating this way!