Page 101 of 546 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5460

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 101

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am hoping that in maintenance these little, and hopefully very rare, little episodes will just make me laugh at myself. When I have to fight so hard for each quarter pound it is very, mentally, painful. Add to that the crappy way that I feel physically today and, well, I will just be taking very good care of myself today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris feel better!!! Eat some veggies and drink your water to flush out the uckiness. Do not worry about the up in weight.. bounce bounce girl!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yep, Ruth inspired me to try to get 9 servings of different fruit and veggies a day, I have 6 so far today. Lots of fluids. The head still feels a little fuzzy, but generally feel much better.

The beauty of adding in the raw veggies at lunch is that they fulfilled a need that has been missing...crunch. It is obviously not quite the same as the crunch from a cracker, but it is still a very nice crunch.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I felt that was last week with the pork rinds. I sometimes wonder why we do it to ourselves? I'm making kale chips for the same reason - crunchy, salty. Miss it more than sweet!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    What's with the sudden need for crunch!!! I have it too, big time. I've eaten more raw carrots in the past week than I have in months and yesterday I bought Rice Crispies cereal to make treats for my son's B-day party Sunday as I figured they were better than a gluten bomb. Some how the box got opened and it's been all my son has wanted to eat and I must admit that I'm going a little nuts w/ it too! Something about the crunch! Atleast I have a ton of snow here to clear away today (like 2 feet so far) so I am getting a work out

It is part of the reason I got hooked on cheese crisps when I first went low-carb, pre-primal. Although you could still do it with the right cheese I guess, if you can tolerate it. Definitely the salty crunchy that I miss too.
    Chris
    Unknown

OMG I hate roller coasters of any kind, but most especially of the numbers on the scale kind! 254.8 down 1.4 but at least this one is on the way down.

So yesterday I did indeed get in my 9 different veggies! Made a BAS for dinner, it was beautiful. We have company coming for dinner tonight, gonna make one again. It was colorful, and crunchy, and it took a long time to eat, and it was filling. PERFECT! I am also going to add spinach to my breakfast smoothie.

Unfortunately, cupcakes came home from the Room-In-The-Inn dinner last night. So I have a half a cake and a dozen cupcakes in the house. Since I don't care for chocolate cake I am not at all tempted with that. BUT the icing...at any rate, I can't sneak any of the icing cause it will show. If there are still a bunch of cupcakes left I may take some more to work on Tuesday to get rid of them.

So today I am baking cookies for DD (Dh is flying over either tomorrow or Monday to have lunch and talk about "her summer arrangements"), I have a jar of icing and some sprinkles I will send along with those. The surgical mask is already waiting for me on the counter. I will don't be doing a repeat of the fistful of icing debacle!

I am also baking bread for the company. That doesn't tempt me as it is just white bread rolls, I would much rather use calories somewhere where I can actually get some flavor.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    The roller coaster is hard. I'm glad it's in your direction today. Be tough, and use that mask! I may need to get myself one. Some days, especially in the morning (after breakfast), I can do well, some days not so much.

I do think it's pretty cool that your DH is going to fly to see her It's a bummer you can't fly as well, but at least he uses the skills he learned for his hobby for good use.

I'm probably going to make some "paleo bread" for DH and mom. I can't eat it - causes me to gain (nuts...) - but I make it as a treat for them every once in awhile. They've been good with my veggie experiments, so I'll give them something that makes them feel special.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ruth, what is your paleo bread recipe?

PrimalCon New York
    This protein one just came in a newsletter yesterday, haven't tried it yet though...Healthy Recipe: Crab BLT | Jay Robb
    Chris
    Unknown