Page 100 of 665 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 6641

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 100

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I concur, My binge times are always in the evening. Unless I give myself permission to have a binge day (rare). Then it starts at breakfast.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I concur, My binge times are always in the evening. Unless I give myself permission to have a binge day (rare). Then it starts at breakfast.
    I'll take one of those please.

LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    2:30-5PM is my "snacky" time also. I try to get out of the house as it seems to be in my head and not real hunger. Yesturday I had carrots and wasn't very hungry for dinner. Where else do you hear people talking about spoiling their dinner w/ carrots?!
    You fit right in LOL
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    As I have said in the past, every diet or plan or whatever you wanna call em, I have ever been on has either taught me something or given me a new good habit.

One of those is I just do not eat after dinner is over, (Dessert, when planned is part of dinner) where dinner is finished at least 3 hours before bedtime. I also have stopped snacking and I have increased my protein at breakfast. All 3 of these came from my version of a "Leptin Reset".
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

well rats. I got cocky, wasn't in the least tempted to repeatedly taste the chocolate cake batter. I thought I would be able to resist when making the icing. A few differences though...

...time of day - morning vs. the danger zone
    ...batter vs. icing (really no contest)
    ...this was probably one of the best batches of icing I have ever made (beautiful, fluffy, and not overly sweet) and it was a good but not great cake batter.

I felt icky almost from the first bite of the icing...that sort of heaviness at the back of the throat, the almost nausea in the belly, and the brain dead feeling I get when the crash hits...and yet I kept "tasting". Once the first taste is in the mouth, I am beyond putting the surgical mask on. Lesson learned, I have the mask I just need to wear the d*mn thing.

Regardless of what the scale says tomorrow, this was not a good thing.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Sorry. It sounds like it tasted good though.

Your body is talking to you...
    Karin

Wt 266.4 up 1.8 enough said.

Strange. DH was talking last night to DS about his actual birth day. I had gestational diabetes and doc did not allow any sugar or starchy foods for the rest of the pregnancy. (she was a great doc) Anyway, when my parents came to the hospital we had them bring us ice cream. For me, a pint of Swiss Vanilla Almond from Haagen Daas. A nurse came in and asked, jokingly, to share. And I explained I hadn't had any the whole pregnancy and I was going to finish the pint. She then said, "it will make you feel sick, and then you will have a sugar hangover. save yourself and hand it to me now". and we all laughed.

OMG I was so sick. Dh was basically giving a blow by blow of the day, so at 8:30 he said, right about now your mom was sick as a dog because she ate the whole pint. And I was sitting there feeling very sick from eating all that icing, funny.

I always thought that people who said that when they ate something they had not in a long time it made them sick, were a little off. Funny how your perception changes when you have the experience yourself.

I am experiencing a sugar hangover this morning BTW.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-03-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: add wt.
    Chris
    Unknown

Sigh, I know what you are going through...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am hoping that in maintenance these little, and hopefully very rare, little episodes will just make me laugh at myself. When I have to fight so hard for each quarter pound it is very, mentally, painful. Add to that the crappy way that I feel physically today and, well, I will just be taking very good care of myself today.
    Chris
    Unknown