Page 10 of 546 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 10

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks guys, but really it is just that I wake up at 5:30 to make lunch for DS and get him up and moving for school, then I don't have to be at work til 9. So it is really about me building up to actually do something!

Your backyard sounds lovely! I have a strange fascination with rocks and stone.

We are really doing the work because I met a handyman, and 2 carpenters in the course of doing some repair work on the house. These 3 guys are having a hard summer due to the economy and they are such talented and hard workers that I felt like I should try to help them out. We are not well off by any stretch of the imagination (DH is a professor) but we weren't hit by the economy so much. So basically I talked Dh into letting me hire them to do things I had on my to do list.

Anyway, weather here this weekend is fantastic so...tomorrow I will paint the screen door the carpenters built and installed as well as the shelves they put in my newly configured laundry room. Then I will plant some ground cover around the terrace that the handyman built under my deck so I can put a hammock out there.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I think that you have an excellent plan for getting off and staying off coumadin. From what I understand, the clots form in the legs are the body's way of repairing damage caused by inflammation. Keep your insulin levels from spiking, lower your inflammation and avoid the clots. Therefore, the Primal lifestyle is the way to go.

Unfortunately, my Mom had her second PE (25 years in between them) just six months before mine. With that kind of genetic tie, my risk level is too high to get off coumadin.

Hope your weigh in is everything you hope for.

Ok so, I have not had a period since July (obviously hoping I was done with that!) and it starts, TODAY, on my first monthly weigh in! RATS, if I think of it I will do this again at the end of the week, or I will just let next months be more dramatic, anyway here are the stats...

SW(8/19/11): 267
    neck: 14.5"
    r. bicep:17"
    r. forearm: 12"
    Chest:48"
    Waist: 40"
    Hips: 51"
    r. Thigh: 30"
    r. calf: 17"

CW(9/5/11): 266 down 1
    Neck: 14 down .5
    r.bicep: 15.75 down 1.25
    r.forearm: 12 no change
    Chest: 47.5 down .5
    waist: 39.5 down .5
    hips: 49 down 2 (!)
    r. thigh: 29 down 1
    r. calf: 17 no change
    fat % from scale=54.4 (just figured out how to do this)

Total weight loss is 1 pound
    inches lost since going primal is 5.74

CW(10/1/11): 264.8 down 1.2
    neck: 14 no change
    r. bicep: 15.75 no change
    r. forearm:11.5 down .5
    Chest: 46.5 down 1" which I can confidently say is across the back and not in the cup! Jackets fit much better.
    Waist:38 down 1.5
    Hips: 48.5 down .5
    r.thigh: 29 no change
    r.calf:16.5 down .5

drum roll please........

Weight loss since April (going low carb) is 24.2 pounds
    lost since going primal is 2.2 pounds
    total inches lost since starting the Leptin Reset is 4
    total inches lost since going pirmal is 9.75!!!

I went Primal about 6 weeks ago and started the Leptin Reset 3 weeks ago, so I am feeling pretty darn good about it.
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-08-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My mom is on Coumadin but it is because of she had a valve replacement. I don't have any P.E. in my family background, although my grandmother had notoriously bad circulation she never had one and never had to take Coumadin that I know of. So I am hoping/confident the eating plan will take care of it. Not to mention it just really feels right to be on this sort of life plan.

So yesterday I decided I needed to add some carbs at lunch, just could not deal with the dizziness anymore. I added some dried apricots, 5 small pieces and felt better almost immediately-could have been mental, but I will be wokring to keep 50g of carbs daily-I have gotten so used to less than 25g I actually have to work at it a bit!

B: mocha
    L: ground meat, avocado, sour cream, tea, coconut milk
    D: roast turkey, mayo sauce, cauliflower (twice baked with a bit of bacon and cheddar cheese), and roasted broccoli
    Chris
    Unknown

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    demuralist - I'm making your granola recipe you listed in the getting kids off of cereal thread. That stuff is crack! I tasted a small amt before puting it in the oven. My teen daughter (15) did too and agreed. She's now waiting and drooling for it to be done. I'm planning on not eating any of it so wish me luck!

I don't taste it any more. I have had one serving of it for dinner once. It is slow to eat, so it gives you time to realize you have had enough, and it is filling so it stays with you. I had 1/2C of it just barely covered with coconut milk, fantastic!

I am making a batch today, so I can send some to my daughter (18) who is away at school.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    lurking on your page. Your menu's help me see what I am missing with the leptin reset.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Keeping track helps keep me in line!

yesterday...

B: mocha
    L: ground meat, avocado, sour cream, tea, coconut milk, blueberries
    D: tilapia and scallops poached in butter (YUM!!) big salad.

I felt much better yesterday after lunch, I do think the few extra carbs helped.

I finished priming the front door finally. It is a French door and has side lites on both sides as well as a transom, so there are 24 windows. It looks so much better, but what a pain! And now I have to actually paint it! As well as the screen door.

DS and I also put together the back stop for his targets. He and his dad set up a rifle range in our basement so he can practice-it is air rifle, just shooting pellets.

Today we are going to take a set of before pictures and measurements (well his, I already did mine) so that he can keep a journal, he is so not excited. Of course he is rarely excited about anything-he is 16.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    the ground meat you have for lunch, do you do anything special to it?

Ahhhh.. shooting practice brings back memories from when I was a teen (4-H and local shooting clubs) I loved to compete!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

PrimalCon New York
    The ground meat I have had for lunch the last couple of days is leftover from dinner a few nights ago. I browned 2 pounds of ground meat and added a 24 oz. jar (I know, shoot me) of "Mom's Spaghetti Sauce"- It basically has only ingredients that I would put in if I was making a sauce homemade- huge chunks of tomato and whole garlic cloves and basil leaves. No sugar or thickeners of any kind and no mention of "natural or artificial flavors" I simmered it until the liquid had pretty much soaked into the meat.

As soon as I run out (which may be today) I will go back to salmon (well after I get to Trader Joe's to get some more)

DS is a precision shooter, uses an air rifle with a canister as opposed to having to pump it, so like the Olympic shooters use. We are now working on getting him fitted for the whole suit. He is not very competitive, and would not do it except we told him he has to have a sport team through high school and this is the least offensive to him. He is actually very good at it and could be fantastic if he would drop the attitude and shoot. It is not a "real" rifle so he says that is why he doesn't like it. But again, he is 16, so just being contrary. He and his buddies do air soft wars and those are not real either. And of course neither are those video games they play.

Obviously we are trying to get him to understand that individual effort is part of being a team member-among other things. So he will just have to tough it out.
    Chris
    Unknown