Thread: Post Hip Arthroscopy Nutrition page

jpandzel is offline Junior Member

Post Hip Arthroscopy Nutrition

Hi guys and gals,

I just had hip arthroscopy surgery for a labral tear in my hip. It's very painful and sucks to not be able to move much. I have some questions for you regarding nutrition and supplements during this recovery time where I will be quite sedentary.

As far as diet goes should I look to cut back my food consumption a bit. I am lean 5-11 ft and 160 pounds. I want to stay lean and not put on unecessary bf but also want to heal. The past day or two I have had my mom feed me three times throughout the day with each meal containing 5 oz of meat, a plate full of veggies and a tablespoon of oil. How do you think this looks? And will it be enough?

Also, as far a supplements go, what kind of dose of fish oil would you reccomend? I have the liquid carlsons finest. And are there any other supplements, remedies, or nutritional things I can be doing to speed the recovery, and keep me lean??

Thanks in advance! Look forward to hearing from everyone!

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just stay "good" with your diet, but especially for healing up your vitamin C and maybe some B100. That's what always works for me and I have been through numerous joint surgeries with more coming down the pike.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha