Thread: One Month on PB - It's Working! page

DepRatlAnimal Guest

Shop Now

Just had to share... In the last 12 days, I took off 4 lbs of fat! Looking back over the last month (which is how long I've been doing PB), it's a total fat loss of 8.5 lbs, a pound of muscle gained, and I've moved from 37% bf to 33%! So exciting, esp. at this time of year!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Nice.

What is your diet and excersise program like?

DepRatlAnimal Guest

Thanks! I'm at like 65% fat, 20% protein, 15% carbs. That meets the .7 g protein per lb LBM formula, and carbs are usually 40-60g/day. Lots of healthy fats, lots of veggies, very little fruit... Still enjoying a little wine and dark chocolate I worried a little about calories at first, but realized that eating to satiety with the fats, it tends to stay around 1600-1800 pretty naturally. And well, that's working!

Exercise is body weight stuff & a favorite stretching routine 2x/week, 20m of yoga 1x/week, a little HIIT, and lots of easy cardio/basic activity as the mom of a 2.5yo... I'm using the 100 pushups challenge and 200 squats challenge to help me figure out reps & sets, though I'll add in weight at some point & start over rather than go to the end of them. Also doing lunges, planks and pike presses - hang on a bar at the park when I can

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

The park workout is great... I take my little guy once a week and workout while he chases me around or plays in the playground. You can do pushups, dips, pullups, split squats, sprints, etc there while your kid get some excersise as well... then takes a good nap