Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal @SouthernDink's Journal page

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member

Smile Primal @SouthernDink's Journal

Primal Fuel
    Decided to start journal here in addition to southerndink.com, (I post my cooking & life adventures there), here I can do a quick update and food entry.

Hey- if any of you read this and see my food entires and see something inflammatory let me know!
    This has been my first week on PB, I thought I'd miss all the wheat/grains, (self described carb whore here!), but I haven't.

Following guidance from the book and posters here, I haven't counted a thing but just focused on the food. Prior to PB on any given day I'd have over 4 slices of whole wheat bread, and a low fat vegetarian lasagna, fruit, hardly any fat, and eat out for dinner. Where I consumed more bread!

Now on PB, I have really GOOD food and appear to have more energy during the day. I used to wake up and stay in a fog for most of the morning, and I'm astonished to say that I haven't felt that way in at least 3 days. I am quite alert. I also don't need my "booster" every day at 2pm- a TRIPLE SHOT ESPRESSO to keep me awake. That is amazing, I assume SBUX's stock will plummet now

Next goal is to get up to speed with exercising, that is a story for another day. Here is to a great 1st week!
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I'm glad you are off to a great start! Yes, don't worry about an "exercise plan" to start. Just stay active.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Welcome. I'm glad you are off to a great start! Yes, don't worry about an "exercise plan" to start. Just stay active.
    Thanks Hedonist! Love your blog, the recipes have been a great way to start!
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey, I was over at your blog and found the link to your journal. Where are you? You haven't posted in a week.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hey, I was over at your blog and found the link to your journal. Where are you? You haven't posted in a week.
    Pebbles thanks for checking on me! I am here and in one piece, we have a house on the coast and were running about trying to protect it from Irene... such a crazy stressful BUSY week. I can see how modern living gets in the way, it woudl have been so easy to stop and get Chik Fil A or something quick... but I resisted!

So all of the bad weather and anxiety over the earth moving under your feet leads one to want to eat. Somehow I turned down the urge to eat a plate full of croissants, (which would totally be my choice for a “last supper”, with fried chicken & waffles!) I guess all the protein I am intaking helps to curve the cravings.

For the past week I’ve ventured into trying out doing a 10%/90% primal plan. What can I say, my hubby loves Roly Poly-I did break down and have a wrap, but it didn’t taste as good as I remembered, and it was 25 carbs, so not too earth shattering for the day. Last night, a friend made a pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing. I am a sucker for anything with pumpkin in it, I had one tiny bite, and almost spit it out! It was SO sweet it tasted like pure sugar, not a hint of pumpkin taste! I guess my body has gotten used to no sugar, and for that I am thankful, it was truly the grossest thing I’ve had in a long time!

Today had egg/chicken & sage sausage "muffins" for breakfast and for lunch bison burger with avocado & tomatos with mashed cauliflower... YUMMY!

Cooked up bacon at 10:45pm last night! Was worried about it being in fridge too long, (about 3 days), I am unsure about how long fresh bacon from a butcher lasts? That says I am way too dependant on reading packaged food labels for an expiration date! So there I was, cooking bacon right before bed, my husband asking how we were supposed to sleep with bacon aroma in the air, and 2 english bulldogs staring me down too funny. The bacon is yummy toasted up this morning!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Haha your husband has a valid point! Making bacon at odd hours of the night is fun though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I was a vegetarian for 5 years before I started low carb then found Primal. The first time I tried to bake bacon in the oven, my daughter and her boyfriend walked into the house and my daughter (who is still vegetarian) said something to the effect "what is that disgusting smell" her boyfriend said "what are you crazy? Your house has never smelled so good!" Pretty sure if I made it right before I went to bed that my son (who stays up later than I do) would have it finished by the time he went to bed.

The mental picture of the dogs staring you down is a great one!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

These two are always ready to eat! @demuralist my hubby made the "what stinks" comment when I was cooking grass fed beef ribs the other night. He felt they tasted gamey. Not sure about that, I thought they were good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast