Thread: New to Primal Lifestyle page

Gavin is offline Member

New to Primal Lifestyle

Shop Now
    I plan on going becoming Primal in November (After XC season and a marathon) and wanted to know if anyone knows where I can get some good primal food in Wake Forest, NC. Also if you have any tips on how to survive the low carb flu I'm sure to get.
    Thanks!

abo_normal is offline Junior Member

Carb Flu

Just started Monday. I have to say, I have been having some headaches, but other than that feel about the same as always. Maybe the SAD diet was making me feel as bad as the carb flu does... Anyway, so far so good and looking forward to a lean strong healthy body.

Best of luck!

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I'm in Raleigh. Your best & closest bet would be the Wake Forest Farmer's Market, there are a lot of farms around Louisburg/Rolesville area that sell there. Lots of local grassfed meat to be found, I am not sure what grocery stores are in WF, but there is a Whole Foods on Six Forks Rd now off of 540. Best of luck
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Gavin. Yeah, good idea to wait until the off season to do the full carbs/fat primal thing, although you can incorporate lots of the overall plan now.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    Also if you have any tips on how to survive the low carb flu I'm sure to get.
    Thanks!
    The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt II Lots of good tips here. Enjoy!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Why wait?

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Why wait?
    Because he is in XC season and training for a marathon. Duh. Does not need carb flu and major body readjustments. But as I said, lots of the 10 principles of primal can be incorporated now.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Carb flu comes from low carb intake, doesn't it? What problem is there with cutting grains and sugar, maintaining a higher-carb intake from primal-friendly carbs such as potatoes, yams, and white rice?

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Carb flu comes from low carb intake, doesn't it? What problem is there with cutting grains and sugar, maintaining a higher-carb intake from primal-friendly carbs such as potatoes, yams, and white rice?
    Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, a good plan.
    Ancestral Health Info