Thread: I have a Grok-kitty! page

Goldstar is offline Senior Member

I have a Grok-kitty!

Primal Fuel
    My DH and I have a rescue cat and we've always found her to be a bit odd in that she's always refused treats that our other cat thoroughly enjoys...tuna, turkey, salmon oil, pumpkin. When I started cooking primal, she suddenly started showing up in the kitchen. Turns out she's a big fan of coconut oil, ghee, pork, goat milk, sweet potatoes and BACON! Girl after my own heart. Just wondering what you all feed your Grok-kitties?

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I've got grok puppies. I feed them whole thawed animals like guinea pigs and rabbits. They do love scraps though. Salad, fruit, nuts (i don't share my meat much these days *Snarl!* )

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    They went grain-free before I did. I'd love to do a raw diet but since I foster and adopt out kitties, that's not very feasible. I feed them both grain-free canned food and kibble, trying to put more emphasis on the canned stuff.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    I've got grok puppies. I feed them whole thawed animals like guinea pigs and rabbits. They do love scraps though. Salad, fruit, nuts (i don't share my meat much these days *Snarl!* )
    Dang now those are grok puppies! I have to ask... where do you get frozen guinea pigs?

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    i really want to feed my cats and dogs real food but havent figured out how to do it and it not cost a fortune. ive got 3 cats and 2 dogs and to feed them real meat diets would be super costly
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    It is super costly.
    I get mine from RodentPro.com and occasionally from Hare-Today.com
    Depending on where you live, the shipping is a real killer.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Don't feed them human grade tuna, it's got higher levels of stuff that they can't handle.
    Try this stuff if you can find it. Taste of the Wild : Home << closest to feeding them raw food without actually buying carcasses, lol
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    They went grain-free before I did. I'd love to do a raw diet but since I foster and adopt out kitties, that's not very feasible. I feed them both grain-free canned food and kibble, trying to put more emphasis on the canned stuff.
    I couldn't get my female cat to eat canned food. It's been tough trying to get her to eat anything unfamiliar. She knows what she likes and she refuses to try new things that don't appeal to her no matter how tricky we try to be. Now, when she likes something new like bacon, she just likes it period. I've longed to get her to eat more protein and less kibble. She has a weight problem. Where do you get grain-free kibble?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I would second the warning against feeding your cat too much human-grade tuna. My old cat (who is no longer with me) went through a phase about a year before she died where she refused to eat anything except tuna, for which she had always had a fondness. We kept giving it to her since it was the only thing she would eat, until she started having seizures.

My two other cats are far from primal - one is a feline garbage bin who will eat anything and everything she can get her 3-year-old paws on (except bananas and wasabi) - she was a rescue cat and I think she may have almost starved to death which is why she goes berserk at the sight of food. My other 16-year-old cat is quite content with his kibble and canned cat food, but he LOVES butter. Sometimes he will eat it but more often than not he just loves getting high on the fumes of whatever my mom has made with butter.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I can't leave the butter dish unattended. One of my fosters will immediately go after it. For the most part, they're not interested in my cooked meals. I don't think they like the smell of the spices, but I do generally have an audience when I have raw meat out.