Thread: Christine's Journal page

Christine is offline Junior Member

Christine's Journal

I finally decided to abandon my wallflower status and jump in. July 4th I gave up processed carbs cold turkey. I am a sugar addict and really at the time my main goal was to stop feeling crazy. I was tired and cranky and craving sugar 24/7 and as you can imagine loads of fun to be around :P At the same time I have a moderate amount of weight I also need to get rid of and although I saw great changes the first 7-10 days that has pretty much stalled.

I realize this seems to be a common thread with some of the girls on here and they all seem so relaxed about it while I'm impatient and frustrated. I guess I just tend to question if I'm on the right path. Is this too many carbs? not enough carbs? not enough protein? More exercise? Less exercise? Ughhh!

Ok, so I'm 44, 5'3" and currently weigh 195.8. Right now I circuit train 2x a week, jog a few miles with the dog and cycle 10-12 miles. Hopefully my 30 day stats will be readable below. In the past 2 weeks I was down .4 pounds with no changes in any measurements, but I'm premenstrual right now so even that is gone now. So I've been kinda bummed and frustrated and slacking off. I've cheated 4 times this month and I'm starting to feel a little crazy so tomorrow will be like day 1 again for me. Sigh. I WILL learn that sugar is evil, it just might take a while =)

Before 30 Days

Weight: 206.4 195.0

BodyFat% 43.7 42.3

BMI% 36.6 34.8

Bust: 42.5 -> 41.75

Waist: 40.5 38.0

Belly: 45.0 -> 43.25

Hips: 49.25 - 47.25

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Christine. Keep fighting. You can do it!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Welcome Christine. Keep fighting. You can do it!
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am in the same boat as you as far as weight loss - and trust me, I am anything but relaxed about it. I lost almost ten pounds in the first week or so and then for the last four weeks NADA. However, I do seem more toned and I feel great so I try to ignore what the scale says (even though every morning I feel like hurling it into the bathroom mirror).

Quote Originally Posted by LitheGrokkette View Post
    I am in the same boat as you as far as weight loss - and trust me, I am anything but relaxed about it. I lost almost ten pounds in the first week or so and then for the last four weeks NADA. However, I do seem more toned and I feel great so I try to ignore what the scale says (even though every morning I feel like hurling it into the bathroom mirror).
    Exactly my thoughts!! I feel like supergirl and I just want the numbers to agree with me!

Day 48

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm having an off week, a very off week. I cheated 3 times this week. Ughhh! Surprised I haven't lapsed into a sugar coma yet. So I haven't eaten much today because I'm not really hungry after the 2 day bender and I'm also drinking a ton of water today.

• Banana smoothie with whey, almond milk and banana
    • Five Guys little bacon burger with no bun
    • 4 ounces of chicken with baby spinach

There is a 3 layer german chocolate cake in my kitchen. No I did not make it and I have no intentions of eating it but it's definitely a bit of a challenge today.