Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Not feel so good on some of the meat? page

Minagelina is offline Member

Unhappy Anybody Not feel so good on some of the meat?

Shop Now
    I just started to switch our food over to PB because of my girls' newly discovered sensitivities to grains and I find that beef gives me a nasty stomach ache. I used to kind of read up on the Blood Type Diet, and supposedly I am the most vegetarian of the blood types. Now I am not following that diet, but it does give me pause after having pain in the gut. Is this something that is common with beef or am I just not supposed to be eating it? I have even been taking enzymes with it, and it has made no difference.

Me_Grok is offline Junior Member
    I'm type A negative which would make me a vegetarian. I thrive on the beef. Tofu can GTFO.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I have no trouble at all with beef, and find it easiest. Lamb is my next choice. Pork I'm usually fine with, but if my stomach is feeling a bit tender I usually avoid it, or go with darker cuts. Poultry, particularly chicken, can give me a real gut ache, if my stomach is already a bit sore I avoid chicken like the plague.

I think that people do have sensitivities to different foods, including meats, but also that people are individuals and have to figure out what works for them, and what doesn't.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    First of all, the Blood Type Diet has no basis in science whatsoever. Put it out of your mind.

That being said, I do generally have a harder time eating red meat and poultry, and pork to a lesser extent. Seafood, however, I could pound back until I'm blue in the face.

I'd say just take the same approach you should with any other food. If it bothers you, stop eating it. It might be a gut issue, it might be psychological, but ultimately it is what it is and you have to make do.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Grain-fed, or grass-fed? I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but cows are supposed to eat grass and have health problems from eating grains.

Personally, I can't do chicken or non-fatty seafood without adding a significant amount of fat, or I get really really hungry in short order.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel great eating a lot of pork, other than bacon (usually a couple slices, uncured, once or twice a week, so it's not much). I'll cook a pork loin every now and then, or do a pork butt in the crockpot, carnitas style. I'll enjoy a serving or two, but more than that and I feel sort of weird.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My brother has trouble with certain antibiotics that are used in commercial livestock production and can end up in the meat. You may be sensitive to something like that--are you eating conventional or organic meats?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minagelina View Post
    I just started to switch our food over to PB because of my girls' newly discovered sensitivities to grains and I find that beef gives me a nasty stomach ache. I used to kind of read up on the Blood Type Diet, and supposedly I am the most vegetarian of the blood types. Now I am not following that diet, but it does give me pause after having pain in the gut. Is this something that is common with beef or am I just not supposed to be eating it? I have even been taking enzymes with it, and it has made no difference.
    When I wanted to get my dog acclimated to beef I started her with lamb, and then veal, and now she can tolerate beef just fine. You might want to try a similar progression.

Then again, why bother? You don't *have* to eat beef. Just eat a real food, and not some tofurkey frankenbeast.

Minor note: uncured "bacon" is just pork. Although, if salted, it *IS* cured, and becomes salt pork. Once nitrates or saltpeter is used it is bacon.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Chicken stops me up like a cork. I thrive on grass fed beef, grain fed not so much but it doesn't hurt like chicken. Goat, lamb, pork, duck all good. Turkey not so much. Fish is fine, I don't get a big kick out of it like I do beef though.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post

Minor note: uncured "bacon" is just pork. Although, if salted, it *IS* cured, and becomes salt pork. Once nitrates or saltpeter is used it is bacon.
    Interesting. I get the Applewood smoked bacon from Trader Joe's, it just says uncured/nitrate-free on the package, but I'm sure there's salt in it, and it has a nice bacon-y flavor. I actually found some sliced pork belly at a local Japanese market, I cooked it the same as any bacon, just to compare. I seasoned it with salt. It was good, but more pork-y and less bacon-y, if that makes sense.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast