Thread: 5 days in...?? page

MPM
    MPM is offline Junior Member

5 days in...??

Shop Now
    been following PB diet strictly for 5 days...feel great all morning and day...however get a very bloated feeling in afternoon and evening.

Thoughts?

have lost 4lbs already tho!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Ditch the scale, take measurements of your body, and stay with it. Your body is healing, and it takes a while to recover from years of chronic inflammation. Relax.

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    The first month or so, I found myself a bit queasy in the afternoons and early evening, so maybe the bloat is just your body adjusting. Something about that time of day when you first go Primal. It should pass, and hopefully soon. Stick with it--the rewards are fantastic.

Monty is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it only being 5 days in. Its nothing severe, is it? If it continues, say after a month, keep a food log and pinpoint what is causing the bloat. You may want to look into a digestive aid too, should it continue.
    Last edited by Monty; 08-19-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: add more info
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it only being 5 days in. Its nothing severe, is it? If it continues, say after a month, keep a food log and pinpoint what is causing the bloat.
    +1 You're body will go through a phase to cleanse itself. You think you're system is all kinds of jacked up, but in reality it's repairing itself..

scotchncoffee is offline Senior Member
    I'll second the advice to relax. I spent an inordinate amount of time doing the chronic cardio/car overload diet to fuel a serious level of overexercising. In spite of this (~2-3 workouts/day including P90X+, Insanity, etc.), I could not gain muscle weight without putting on fat at the same time. After making the change, I was confortable with just maintaining my fit position until my metabolism repaired itself.

Then one day I got up to weigh myself, as I keep a log of biometrics for personal reference, and... 3 pounds down out of nowhere, all of it that stubborn body fat. Now I'm trying to gain some of it back (!) and just can't seem to gain, although I am making strength gains. It took a couple weeks for me to adjust and start the healing process, so just chill. Remember, cortisol is cortisol, whether its from life or obsessing over biometrics.

As for the "bloat", I often feel really, really full in the evening after dinner.

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MPM View Post
    been following PB diet strictly for 5 days...feel great all morning and day...however get a very bloated feeling in afternoon and evening. Thoughts? have lost 4lbs already tho!
    My 6th day, haven't tracked weight or anything. Just focused on the food at this point and am shocked at the extra energy. Thankfully haven't had any bloat. Even after multiple cabbage dinners
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

MPM
    Thanks...I know I need to relax....My energy levels are amazing!

Now I just need to find new snack items...

MPM
    now 3 months in and down 15 lbs...feeling great.. No more bloating. PB is best thing I've ever done. My sleep has been amazing. I have had sleep issue for years.

I've hit my tipping point. No going back to CW diet!