Thread: *joins in the fun* page

OrionFyre is offline Junior Member

*joins in the fun*

Primal Fuel
    So over the last few weeks (two months) i've been getting more and more serious about this whole paleo/primal thing. I've always been a large guy my whole life. Got made fun of in school and all that fun stuff. I've struggled with trying to lose weight ever since I graduated. I'll have some success with lots of hard effort and strict diet control. But the rewards were always so pitiful for the vested energy and I always gained it back.

I discovered barefoot running a few years ago when I mentioned to a friend online that I couldn't run. Every time I tried, I got hurt and was sore for days. He convinced me to try barefoot. With the newfound freedom of being able to run I shed more weight then I ever had with any diet. But I still need to lose quite a bit.

I started to integrate primal aspects but I admit I was lazy. It was just easier to grab a microwave meal on the way to work for lunch and nuke a burrito or two for dinner. There's no denying the SAD is easier. But it sure as heck isn't any more satisfying. Over the summer (this whole year really) many stressful things happened and set me back big time. I gained weight up to 260

Soooo, with all that being said I'm finally convinced enough to go all-in.
    Over the last few weeks I've been 100% Primal 100% of the time, and I'm finally starting to get through the carb-cloud over the last two days. I started primal in force at a scale weight of 254. As of this morning my five day moving average is 244.4!!! (my scale weight this morning was 242 however and I like that better).

I was convinced to join the forum because of the before/after photo thread. WOW. Talk about some AMAZING transformations! I was completely blown away and was so enthralled I went through every page of that massive thread. I hate my picture being taken. HATE it. But I did take what is probably my first shirtless photo LOL. We're gonna wait until there is a substantial improvement before posting it though. The pain is still too fresh. HAH.

uhhh Grok on?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm glad it is going well. Grok on indeed!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.