Thread: Jays Primal Journal. page

Jaysyn is offline Junior Member

Jays Primal Journal.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So. I'm brand new to the primal lifestyle... I've done some research, cut out my grains and 90% of all dairy.

My Current height is 5ft 9in and I weight about 230 lbs.... the day after I decided on my own to go primal, I was Diagnosed as a pre-diabetic and my cholesterol is high, I will be starting at a gym soon with my girlfriend who is doing a modified vegetarian version of the primal diet....I threw out my pack of cigarettes today as well...

So eating day 3 of the Primal Diet

Breakfast - 2 Peices of the sausage and egg bake found on this site.

Lunch - Spinach salad with Sauteed mushrooms, Red Pepper and Raw cucumber, with EVOO raspberry vinagrette.

Dinner - pending (maybe just some home made Jerky)
    Last edited by Jaysyn; 08-18-2011 at 10:22 PM.

So Another day...

I have a confession, I cheated today...I caved while the Girl Friend and I were out running errands, it wasn't a bad caving, no Double baconator for this Boy...I had a whole wheat Pita with steak and a ton of veggies, but still even though my body hasn't fully made the switch to fat burning yet, I felt like crap for a good 30 minutes after eating...I don't mean i am beating my self up, I'm more refering to physically feeling like crap. Oh well, nothing to be done for it, move on and double my resolve as it were.

Did a Primal LHT work out today as well, I am so far out of shape it's not even funny...

20 wall push ups
    10 wall assisted Squats
    20 overhead jack knifes
    about 20 seconds worth of planking for front and both sides.
    30 bent over Rows w/ 7lb weight.. (I do not have a pull up bar, or anything that can be used as a substitute) Oddly i live in a small town and apparently heading into a schoolyard without kids is frowned upon by the local community unless you're there with others...

I must admit, I've having a bitch of a time with Squats and planking...my lower body and Core are so weak right now...it's very discouraging...I am hoping over the next few weeks I can get to a level where I don't feel like such a wimp. I want my Drive back like when i was a competitive martial artist.... I WILL get there.

Also started a fitday.com account to track calories etc. so heres the break down

B - last of the sausage and egg bake.
    L - The EVIL pita
    S- N/A
    D - Going to cook a steak with a small mixed greens salad.

1138 cal
    Fat - 67.1g (53%)
    Protein - 67.8g (24%)
    Carbs - 69.9g (23%)
    Last edited by Jaysyn; 08-19-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Horrendous spelling!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry too much about the workout at this point. Take your best shot.

When you slip, get right back in the driver's seat, as you have.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

thanks for the Advice, I think I'll just take things slow and see where it gets me, I have been walking more, and generally just trying to get some of the rust off, my life has been sedentary for a long while...I haven't started trying sprints, and I think it will be a while before I do.