Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More intermittent fasting questionsss page

Ngomez91 is offline Junior Member

More intermittent fasting questionsss

Primal Fuel
    Basically, I know people get tired of answering questions and threads that have already been posted before but helping people is okay right?

My question is if fasting for 23-24 hours a day is fine... As in start fasting at 7pm and ending it at 6 pm the next day, everyday. The reason for this question is because I am going to college and will be pretty busy. I plan on having some almonds say at around 1pm and a huge healthy dinner at 6pm. This is mostly taken from the Warrior Diet, but with a longer fast window. I plan on working out 3 days a week in a fasted state with a low carb protein shake after and I am 5'7 180 lbs.... Just more information for the people that want to know. oh and I will be supplementing with fish oil, multi-vitamins and BCAA's.

Thank you!!!!
    Last edited by Ngomez91; 08-18-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I have tried the 24 hour plan and found it hard to get all the nutrition that I need in at one time. I felt stuffed from eating that much at one time and it wasn't convenient for the social times when I wanted to eat out. That said there is no reason that it can't work if that's what fits into your schedule. For me, I've found that eating twice a day works best.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    It's fine if you're trying to lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Laconophile View Post
    It's fine if you're trying to lose weight.

Yes that is exactly what I'm doing... Plus adding more muscle... Which will probably come after fat loss.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngomez91 View Post
    Yes that is exactly what I'm doing... Plus adding more muscle... Which will probably come after fat loss.
    On your 3 workout days, eat an extra meal post workout., high in protein and primal carbs.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngomez91 View Post
    I think doing it past 24 hrs is extreme and it's the wrong way to lose weight. IF got popular starting with the bodybuilding crowd that was tuning up, not dieting for weight loss. It just got out of control after that. Read the leptin reset threads. Those are for people with weight problems. IF isn't.

Just make sure that you get enough grams of protein down and some carbs to prevent your body from sacrificing your lean body mass. You should probably feel like you're eating pretty big to get down the at least 150ish grams of protein that you will need.

Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    I think doing it past 24 hrs is extreme and it's the wrong way to lose weight. IF got popular starting with the bodybuilding crowd that was tuning up, not dieting for weight loss. It just got out of control after that. Read the leptin reset threads. Those are for people with weight problems. IF isn't.
    This person weights 180 pounds. I would agree with you that that when someone is obese that IF probably isn't a solution that they should consider. If, however, you are looking to lose some weight and go from average body fat levels to athletic ones then IF can work as a daily or random solution. You don't have to be in the single digit body fat percentage club to IF.
    Last edited by Daemonized; 08-18-2011 at 02:52 PM.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    This person weights 180 pounds. I would agree with you that that when someone is obese that IF probably isn't a solution that they should consider. If, however, you are looking to lose some weight and go from average body fat levels to athletic ones then IF can work as a daily or random solution. You don't have to be in the single digit body fat percentage club to IF.
    Have you appointed yourself the "DFH post stalker" now? haha

Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    I don't think I have weight problems... Im just going to be pretty busy everyday and I will fast no more than 23-24 hours so that's why i have to eat one meal a day... I have lost 15 lbs in about 3 months so I'm trying to go the extra mile to lose more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast