Thread: PB and Pilates/XTend? page

VNess is offline Junior Member

PB and Pilates/XTend?

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,
    Long time lurker finally piping in. I've been eating 80% primally for a few weeks and feel great. Longer than that I've been adhering to PB Fitness - lots of heavy lifting (thanks to P90X and CrossFit inspsired workouts), low level aerobic activity (playing outside), and play (rock climbing, hiking ... hey, it's summer!). I'm a creature that gets bored easily and what i love about PB fitness is that it emphasizes playing it by ear - how I feel on the day. I'm already anticipating the colder, darker seasons when I need shift my low intensity cardio and just mix things up so that I don't get bored.

I considered enrolling in a local CrossFit gym, but decided I can handle that end at home. I came across a new Xtend Barre studio in my city and am curious. I've done pilates before and liked it. Would Grok approve? Does this count as play or weight bearing exercises or...? I get bored easily, so I'm hoping by adding new things to the new mix fall/winter (when Id on't do so well mentally/emotionally), it'll help keep me on top of my game.

Any thoughts?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

VNess is offline Junior Member
    Agreed. The more I look into it the more it seems that way. I wish I could just take a traditional ballet class instead...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Barre classes are fun, and make my butt hurt. LOL

Since I consider everything play, i consider it play. because i'm not doing anything unless it's play. LOL