Thread: Headaches? page

abo_normal is offline Junior Member

Headaches?

Hi all,

Just started, have not been 100% but close. Don't normally have much with sugar in it anyway but wondering if it's common to have chronic headache during the first week?

Three days in...

It's easy for me to not eat what I shouldn't but have no sources that assure grass fed, organic, etc. Eating lots of meat, nuts, veggies, and some fruit. No alcohol at the moment. Have not had grains at all.

Oh, I do drink black coffee (espresso) in the mornings and green tea throughout the day.

Comments???

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    carb flu maybe?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

KristjanGunnarsson is offline Junior Member
    I don't remember having headaches when I was adopting to paleo, but if you're feeling strange in any way for the first week or so then it's most likely temporary.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, sounds like carb withdrawal symptom to me.

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abo_normal View Post
    Hi all,

Just started, have not been 100% but close. Don't normally have much with sugar in it anyway but wondering if it's common to have chronic headache during the first week?

Three days in...

It's easy for me to not eat what I shouldn't but have no sources that assure grass fed, organic, etc. Eating lots of meat, nuts, veggies, and some fruit. No alcohol at the moment. Have not had grains at all.

Oh, I do drink black coffee (espresso) in the mornings and green tea throughout the day.

Comments???
    If you lowered your carbs significantly, could be carb flu. It will pass within a few days to a week, but in the meantime, you can minimize the discomfort by making sure your mineral stores are replenished by keeping your intake of sodium, magnesium, and potassium are high. When you first reduce carbs, you release a lot of extra water weight and out go the minerals along with it, and then you don't feel so hot, so you've got to put those (the minerals) back.

rki
    rki is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, it sure was normal for me. I've gone on and off Primal two or three times (I don't recommend that), and each time I go through "carb-flu" for 3 to 10 days. Major headaches. Occasional low energy. Constantly feeling hungry enough to eat my own arm off, even though I've practically eaten a whole cow.

Good news; it's probably temporary. I'll cross my fingers for you.

In the mean time, make sure you're getting enough water (one of my more common problems).