Thread: Excess sugar + night terrors page

ar0e is offline Member

Excess sugar + night terrors

So, I have to admit something...a few nights ago I had ice cream. Butterfinger ice cream from Dryers to be exact. I had about 6 spoonfuls and it was delicious. I didn't regret eating it or beat myself up about it all. I went to bed a few hours later and I had the WORST dreams I've ever had. I usually don't remember my dreams at all, but these were terrible. I was trapped in a water filled cave and then trapped in my car that had been rolled in an accident. I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't wake myself up and they felt so real. When I finally did wake up, I was soaked with sweat and truly believed my car was wrecked until I saw it in the driveway. Is this type of reaction common with sudden sugar intake? If this is the consequence, I'm never eating ice cream again

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    I get anxiety attacks when I eat sugar and wheat with the whole crab. flu also. I don't get nightmares though.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Like Nix, I suffer anxiety and lack of sleep after sugar. Not worth the pain!

gritty is offline Junior Member
    Hey.

When I eat sugar I have the hardest time falling asleep and when I do I have crazy dreams! I wake up in a full-blown panic attack on occasion. I also talk non-stop. Since starting primal, I havent had been able to remember any of my dreams and I have woken up in a full-blown panic attack.

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member
    Huh. I've struggled with night terrors for years, and I never connected that to sugar. I don't get them often enough to say for sure that going Primal has helped them, but I am interested to see if it does.

davem is offline Senior Member
    I came into this thread to get a chuckle... but really? Night terrors from ice cream...

Do you never have night terrors at other times? Would be an interesting correlation to explore.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean night terrors as in bad dreams or as in sleep paralysis? I get the latter but have never connected it to sugar...

ar0e is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    I came into this thread to get a chuckle... but really? Night terrors from ice cream...

Do you never have night terrors at other times? Would be an interesting correlation to explore.
    I never remember my dreams, that's why I thought it was so weird .

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmmmmmm. I did have a coffee drink last night that had some sugar in it. In the nightmare that ensued, I was being chased by a former student who wanted to kill me to prevent my telling about a previous murder he had committed.