Thread: People with low body fat - 10% - how much do you work out? page

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I just started Primal and I want to get to a point where my maintainable body fat is less than 15%. My job as a 3D Animator leaves me behind the computer most of the day, but I do have time to work out. I want to get to the gym 5 times a day, and I want to get to a point where I am more active and make more active free-time choices, but I want to know what is the aggregate of time and training type for those Groks that have really reached the peak.

I am a large build guy, prone to keeping weight and building muscle. Even right now, completely out of weight at 52% BF I can bench press 220 lbs and leg press around 440. Is getting down to 15-10% BF something I can do sustainably?

Tarlach is offline Member

I sit behind a computer all day and my BF is about 10%. I don't put much (if any) conscious effort into it.

Getting low BF is mostly about diet and not so much about exercise. I workout for 40 mins 2-3 times a week, but I didn't start that until I got down to about 10% anyway.

I also eat as much as I want. It's easiest to raise your BMR and use satiety to control intake by dropping carbs and dairy, eating more meat and fat, eating less often and lifting heavy. (but we will still hear from the "it's all about calories" fools, who will start spouting the usual CW BS about cutting calories)

Some info about carbs and metabolism:

http://www.carnivorehealth.com/main/...r-thyroid.html

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

jpickett1968 Guest

Dual -

It's all about the calories...(just kidding there Tarlach)!

I'm 10% and for the past week or so I've gone primal. I have eaten as I see fit, in the neighborhood of 2,000 to 2,500 calories. I'm eating high fat, moderate protein, low carb. Is that sustainable? On this program, yes. When you start upping the carbs above that 150 gram mark, expect the insulin response to shuttle your carbs/fat into your fat cells and demolish your work. As Mark says, eating Primal is 80% of the work. Once you've hit the 10-15% mark, you can exercise without scheduling making it more fun and then a real part of your lifestyle.

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

This sounds too good to be true! And yet, I ate mostly fat and protein today with a salad with oil for lunch and I've had no drops in energy - and all of this after 24 hours without sleep because of work! It is kind of eerie how well it works.

Kane Guest

Hey! Merry Christmas to you! I was a CW follower when I decided to cut body fat. I dropped from 17% to 7 in a bout 2 months. I fasted twice a week and before my evening dinner I did an amazing body weight routine outlined by Craig Ballantine. I sprinted, Jogged and did the body weights about 5 times a week - BUT - I regret it, I lost so much muscle mass and I now have a really hard time putting it back on, o as of january, I will be upping the calories and doing ONLY resistance training.

Good luck!