Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you eat any grains on a regular basis? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Do you eat any grains on a regular basis?

Primal Fuel
    Mark's post today is going to possibly be his biggest hit post. It is creeping towards 200 comments.

I don't personally eat any grains at all on a regular basis. I will once in a while when I am out. I never cook them with myself. I ate some white rice last week with my bro at his condo and don't see myself going through the trouble to cooking it for a pointless carb.

I want to know if there are any grains that you eat at least once a week on a regular basis. Just curious...
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I cook white rice about once a week and have couple corn tortillas about as often. Some fresh corn in season.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    White rice 2 or 3 times a month. Corn chips very rarely.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Nope, None, nada. I didn't read the oats thing and I sure hope Mark isn't getting soft. Rice is not a trouble to cook if you want it, and if you're going to dabble into some grains once in a while, rice isn't a bad choice. Even white. I have a bag of jasmine calling my name from my Thai cooking days.
    Last edited by pyro13g; 08-17-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I would love to see as many people around the world on >80% Primal as possible, whether they call it that or not. (I know some Primal folks take more of a survival of the fittest attitude. I don't. So, do you know how many billions of people eat and depend on rice?) I think Mark takes an inclusive attitude too, despite encouraging us to optimize our diet and lifestyle. Mark has publish a whole series of posts about grains, artificial sweeteners, etc. I'm all for that.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    9+ weeks into the PB, I've had rice 4 times, 3 times at Chipotle and once at a Japanese restaurant. Other than that, no grains. And feeling better than ever.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Nope.

Red Wire is offline Senior Member
    fermented oatmeal on a pretty regular basis meaning most mornings, traditional sprouted sourdough almost as regularly, white flour bagels and crackers as an occasional treat. I know this type of thing tends to offend the 100% uber primals but I think grain issues are overblown. If you don't have acute or chronic digestive issues as soon as gluten touches your tongue, I think its ok to eat some bread now and again. Grains are a great thing to LIMIT, but complete avoidance tends to destroy a lot of low brow culinary experiences I enjoy i.e. trying the cool new pizza place that just opened up, dipping bread into my favorite restaurants seafood bisque(which is fucking sublime by the way), having crackers with my cheese. As long as my health doesn't suffer, these "indulgences" will continue.

The important thing to note, grains never dominate my diet. They contribute at best 20% of my calories.
    Last edited by Red Wire; 08-17-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    "One can only be a perfect physician for oneself alone. " ~ Luigi Cornaro

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    No wheat of any kind whatsoever. It makes my body angry with me, and it lets me know.

I will have corn tortillas a couple of times per week, and white rice maybe once a month, but that's it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Almost never. As a celiac, cereal grains are off the table (gluten-free oats don't bother me so much, but I'd have to go out of my way to buy them). Every now and then I'll have some rice in my sushi, a rice bowl, or as rice noodles, or maybe rice flour baking. From time to time I'll eat a corn tortilla or some corn chips. But this probably works out to one or two times per month that I'll eat some sort of grain, generally because a friend has made a special effort to get me a gluten-free treat--I make space for friends doing nice things for me.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast