Thread: TGU question page

Waterman is offline Junior Member

TGU question

Primal Fuel
    For those of you who do Turkish Get Ups......how often do you do them? I have been doing them and I have tendency to get repetitive with workouts that I really like. Anyway, curious what you guys are doing. Thanks

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    For a while I was doing them twice a week. 3-4 sets of 4 reps. I've been doing sled drags in their place lately though.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    I've never really considered them a workout, even when upping the weight to levels I fail at. To me they seem more like a skill to be practiced than a "lift" to work a certain muscle group with. For this reason I've done them (in the past) in more of a GTG style -- just practicing them whenever/wherever.

I'm sure as you get really good at them it changes things though...

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I do the same thing as ciep. Just do 'em whenever. They are a good warm-up for heavy lifting if you do that.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    In addition to an already-existing physical training regimen, I think the main benefit they give is in increased shoulder stability (which ain't nuthin to sneeze at), as well as some GPP. Plus, now you know how to get something off the ground from a lying position

EDIT: I've tried them, but don't actually have them in my program. That being said, if I were to add them I'd probably do them the same way I do the rest of my training: heavy, and progressively heavier.
    Last edited by AndreaReina; 08-18-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Marnee is offline Senior Member
    Pavel's Enter the Kettlebell Program Minimum would have you doing TGU at least twice per week. That is about how often I do them.